Shredfest V Photos and Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mhook View Post
    ..........BTW what editing program did you use?
    I am using Corel Video Studio Pro X5 with an under powered PC. But it is working out ok by trimming clips first in QuickTime.

There are a few more I still need to complete.

Do not forget to email me your mailing address so I can get the video clips to you for the "official" Shredfest V event video.
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Jack's Challenge - Pandora's @ Sierra at Tahoe

Jack's Challenge while at the Sierra at Tahoe resort was a side country double black excursion called Pandora's. Riding down was challenging, but the real work was skating and climbing out of the canyon. During rest stops, Michael demonstrated installing, using and removing his climbing skins.

sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

Riding Back to the West Bowl @ Sierra at Tahoe

On the way back to the West Bowl from Pandora's, Jack took us down a sunny lift line with soft snow. We had a blast riding around the rocks and tree stumps. We finished the day riding in more trees. An excellent afternoon for all and a very happy Mrs. rickylink.

sigpic

Comment

Jack's Challenge vids are great! We are jealous that we didn't partake. Next year we'll accept the challenge.
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
            Shredfest provides the opportunity to participate in a unique experience I refer to as "Jack's Challenge". Each afternoon, those brave enough, can get permission from Jack to go ride more difficult terrain with him and his riding buddies Michael and Jeff. This is the ride I took with them in Mott Canyon at Heavenly. (And yes, I did have a fall and it was much longer in duration than what is shown in the video, LOL. )

Thanks for posting this and the other videos - well done. Great job accepting the challenge and riding Mott's - that looked steep and gnarly.

I spy.........Jack doing pole plants! Right on....
            In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
            Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
              Jack's Challenge vids are great! We are jealous that we didn't partake. Next year we'll accept the challenge.
              One secret to surviving Jack's Challenge is to take it easy in the morning. That is why I like being last rider for the group in the morning, so I have energy for the afternoon challenge.
              sigpic

Comment

BTW: Take note of how easy Michael and Jeff make it look coming down in those steep canyons. Just like Jack, they are also very patient, encouraging and helpful on the challenges to us less experienced riders. Thanks guys!
                sigpic

Comment

Squaw Valley

We stayed an extra day after the official Shredfest events and rode Squaw Valley with sempai and Mrs. Sempai. With the limited snow coverage, a number of lifts/areas were closed, but we had a great time on the sun drenched groomers.

That completes the video series I will be posting from our 5 days at Shredfest V. I hope they bring back memories to those that participated. I also hope they tempt those that were unable to participate, to join us at Shredfest VI next year.

FYI: I have added direct links to the videos in the first post of this thread to make them easier to find.
                  sigpic

Comment

I hope they bring back memories to those that participated.
                    They sure do! I've watched each video that you have posted several times already. I'll probably watch them each day to get my fix until the next Shredfest.
                    Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Glad you are enjoying them sempai. Also glad you and Mrs. Sempai were able to join us and we lucked out with the sunny weather.
                      sigpic

Comment

We stayed an extra day after the official Shredfest events and rode Squaw Valley with sempai and Mrs. Sempai. With the limited snow coverage, a number of lifts/areas were closed, but we had a great time on the sun drenched groomers.

That completes the video series I will be posting from our 5 days at Shredfest V. I hope they bring back memories to those that participated. I also hope they tempt those that were unable to participate, to join us at Shredfest VI next year.

FYI: I have added direct links to the videos in the first post of this thread to make them easier to find.
                        Thanks for posting. Squaw looks awesome - I need to get there some day. Hopefully, a bluebird day like you guys had but with a bit more snow.

It was cool seeing the 125s in action from some of those shot angles - can really see how the rockered tip and tail get out of the way on slipping turns on the groomers.
                        In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                        Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
                          Thanks for posting. Squaw looks awesome - I need to get there some day. Hopefully, a bluebird day like you guys had but with a bit more snow.
                          The weather was pretty incredible during our time in Tahoe, near perfect. We were definitely spoiled for our first Shredfest, and I fear a repeat of such consistently wonderful weather is highly unlikely.
                          Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                          Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Glad you are enjoying them sempai. Also glad you and Mrs. Sempai were able to join us and we lucked out with the sunny weather.
                            It was such a wonderful trip and we had such a great time!! Thank you and Maria for everything....such great people!

Also we appreciate the opportunity to re-live our fun times through your videos. One word..."priceless". New friends and new experiences...what more can you ask for?
                            boards: '08 Allz, '12 RVL8 Slapdashes, '15 RVL8 Blunt XLs
                            bindings: RVL8 Receptors
                            boots: Salomon Symbio 8.0 boots

Comment

Thanks to Mrs. Sempai for the reminder. Click each image for a larger version.

Comment

Thanks for posting the pictures from the good bye dinner Greco.

Too bad a number of participants were unable to join us since they had to depart early. They missed out on a fun evening.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X