Kirk Thompson - January 2013 - Mini Edit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirk Thompson - January 2013 - Mini Edit

I got a couple sunny days of filming in, and was able to get enough to make a little edit! The first day was only rails, but the second day had a couple little jumps too.

Thanks to Kirk S and my friend Karl for filming.

January 2013 Skiboarding Mini Edit - Kirk Thompson - RVL8 Skiboards from RVL8 Skiboards on Vimeo.

Last edited by Greco; 01-28-2013, 07:46 PM.

Respect!

Comment

That was fun to watch.

Comment

Cool.

I showed it to my snowboarding teen in the hopes that she might be inspired to swap to short boards. She has all the tricking skills already from years of Extreme martial Arts. There should be some crossover?
        Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
          There should be some crossover?
          Yeah, definitely. If she snowboards, then she already will have a grasp on edging, knowing what happens on ice, how to handle powder, etc.

I'm not too familiar with extreme martial arts, but anything that involves balance and leaving the ground helps. I started doing parkour last year, and I have noticed feeling much more comfortable in the air. Just having that awareness of how to recover from different positions helps a ton.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkmarker View Post
            That was fun to watch.
            Thanks, that's exactly what I was going for. I have been watching a lot of old 80s skateboard videos lately. They had no special effects and the filming quality wasn't that good, but they still made it look like a ton of fun. After watching one of them, you just want to get up and go skate. That's the kind of vibe I was trying to achieve.

Comment

Kirk - very nice style - smooth, controlled. Things have a fluid easiness to them.
              In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
              Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by kirk View Post
                Yeah, definitely. If she snowboards, then she already will have a grasp on edging, knowing what happens on ice, how to handle powder, etc.
                I'm not too familiar with extreme martial arts, but anything that involves balance and leaving the ground helps. I started doing parkour last year, and I have noticed feeling much more comfortable in the air. Just having that awareness of how to recover from different positions helps a ton.
                All the martial arts tricking is very similar to free running and Parkour; wesbsters, flash kicks, gainers, sideswipes, corkscrews, raizes, standing tucks, 540s........can't be as easy to land on skiboards through. She can do all the classic gymnastics moves as well, but they are not "cool" anymore.
                Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                  All the martial arts tricking is very similar to free running and Parkour...
                  Nice, that should help a lot then. The biggest difference is that it takes a lot more force to initiate things since you have so much weight on your feet, but one you're in the air, things feel really similar.

Comment

love KTP!!

great stuff!
                    2011 Receptor Gold on 2010 KTP and DLP

Comment

Killing it! Great edit.

Comment

Working...
                      X