I hit a handrail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hit a handrail.

I went skiboarding w/ Kirk 2 and Hardcore yesterday. Early in the day, I had a pretty nasty fall to my hip, and could hardly stand by the end of the day. I woke up today in a lot of pain, but I saw some kids built a kicker onto a handrail 30 feet outside my front door, so I couldn't resist, grabbed my boards, and hit it!

Aren't you getting a bit old for all this madness man :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Crossbow (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

Comment

Awesome stuff, Kirk! I wish I had the balance to hit handrails, so that I could do some urban.
      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Valmorel - Come on, I just had my 16th bithday... (for the 13th time!) It does cross my mind every once in a while. When I was young, I thought I would quit after high school. When I was in high school, I thought I could push it through college. In college, I thought I could push it to 25... then 30. Really, as long as I keep injury free and physically fit, I'm not sure when I'll stop doing these things.

If I was trying to start now, it would be a different story... but I have been doing this for so long, that hopping on a handrail is easier than riding a bike. I have to consider snow conditions nowadays before taking risks, and I recognize that one or two falls can end my day, but as long as I only push myself when conditions permit, I hopefully will be able to do this for quite a while!

I had a funny moment on Friday. I was in the park, and a group of 13-15 year old skiers started freaking out at the stuff I was doing, and I realized a few things things...

1. I have been doing this since before you could even go into a store and buy twin tip skis.
        2. I have been doing this longer than some of them have been alive.
        3. I probably did fakie 270s, switchups, and backslides on skiboards before they were EVER done on full skis.
        4. The new generation isn't condescending nor has perceptions that "snowblades suck"... they have absolutely no idea what they are, and have likely never even seen them.

It was an enlightening moment.

Comment

Well, i guess at 64, maybe I should be taking it a bit easier too

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
          Crossbow (go to dream board)
          Most everything else over time.
          Go Android

Comment

thats sick man!

Comment

Working...
            X