Nightclub photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightclub photography

Ok so not quite about skiboarding but i've just recieved my Canon EOS 350D and i've decided to take it out and try to get some shots in a nightclub. Here are a few shots from the night. Sadly i didn't have a flash so these are all using the pop up flash. I'd welcome any comments or suggestions.
    Unless you risk it, you don't know what it is.
    *Proud designer of the SBOL hoodie*

A setting like that is one of my favorite places to shoot. Why use flash in such a setting, there is an abundance of very interesting light already present. You can't capture the scene you are looking at with flash, because you don't see with flash. Timing is important with moving subjects and lights, really pay attention and anticipate the light being where you need it. Keep the aperture wide open, practice having a steady hand or following a subject to keep in focus, use manual focus as cameras never get it right, quickly in the dark. I went to school for photography, and shot live music for a couple of years, the only time I used flash was when I added a remote strobe on stage somewhere to get a specific shot I couldn't otherwise.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, i'm going to an xmas party with work soon so will try that out. I was shooting on iso 1600 and f.4.6 for most of them

Comment

Originally posted by Urban_freestyle View Post
        Thanks for the feedback, i'm going to an xmas party with work soon so will try that out. I was shooting on iso 1600 and f.4.6 for most of them
        You should look into a lens in the f/1.4-2 range if you want to do a lot of this stuff, then you can run the ISO lower, reduce grain, faster shutter in low light.
        Fast, prime lenses really add some possibilities and are plenty of fun to use. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, i'll be hunting arround and see what i can pick up cheap, i've seen some nice lenses but sooo expensive.

Comment

Working...
          X