Nimbus Independent Ski Short Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nimbus Independent Ski Short Films

Here are some short films by Nimbus Independent. Some recognizable big mountain, backcountry pow skiers. They have a ton of content out there - this is just a sampling.

Alaska - big mountain skiing with a classic old school soundtrack; check out the Led Zep song synchronization with a drop in at about 1:50

In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Backcountry Colorado - kicking back in a cabin at 12,000 feet

Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Washington's best ski resorts (their words not mine)

http://vimeo.com/28083191
      Think Like a Mountain

Comment

British Columbia to Utah - more old school soundtrack; for those of you who followed the one thread talking about bindings, release mechanisms and knee injuries there is a classic injury at 8:50 on a bad landing with the skier in the backseat

Think Like a Mountain

Comment

Hokkaido - Japan powder skiing heaven including at night with headlamps; check out the crazy @ss skiing down snow barriers along a highway at the 20 minute mark

Think Like a Mountain

Comment

Arlberg, Austria - big mountain skiing

Think Like a Mountain

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
              Backcountry Colorado - kicking back in a cabin at 12,000 feet

I can't believe after now going into my third season of living less than two hours from Silverton I still have not been there. I will blame it on the fact that the only skiboarder ever to visit me and ride with me here has been Brandon and that was one weekend where we hit two days at Telluride and one day at Durango (30 minutes from Silverton).
              I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Bloom View Post
                I can't believe after now going into my third season of living less than two hours from Silverton I still have not been there. I will blame it on the fact that the only skiboarder ever to visit me and ride with me here has been Brandon and that was one weekend where we hit two days at Telluride and one day at Durango (30 minutes from Silverton).
                If you are going to skiboard Silverton you better take some Sherpas!

I think a possible location for Shredfest VI is your part of Colorado - you wouldn't be able to say that just Brandon has visited you...
                Think Like a Mountain

Comment

If you are going to skiboard Silverton you better take some Sherpas!
                  Haha Sorry, amigo. Not for me. I ride nothing longer than Condors. I spend 50% of my time in 4' of fresh pow with Revolts. Longer than 110cm is not necessary.

I think a possible location for Shredfest VI is your part of Colorado - you wouldn't be able to say that just Brandon has visited you...
                  Not likely. I tried making a suggestion of changing location and that was not received well. But, I would definitely love to have people out here for a meet of our own.
                  I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Bloom View Post
                    Not likely. I tried making a suggestion of changing location and that was not received well. But, I would definitely love to have people out here for a meet of our own.
                    I'm in.

Silverton, Purgatory, Telluride and Wolf Creek. Nice rotation for a meet.
                    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

The thing about Silverton is that you have to have your avy gear and when in season for the four main months you have to pay for a guide to take you up as well. You cannot ride without a guide and have to book the group in advance. They don't allow more than sixty people total on the mountain per day.
                      I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

Working...
                      X