Old Farts at Mt. Bohemia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Farts at Mt. Bohemia

So you think you're too old to attend the Midwest Meet at Mt. Bohemia. These guys will prove you wrong.

Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

You might want to mute this one. The music is very annoying, but the riding is highly impressive. They should bottle that courage and sell it. If introduced to some real skiboards, just think what they could do.

Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

The video quality sucks, but I like the title.

Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Thanks for posting these. They look like they are having a blast. Those are all small boards - short and narrow. Would be fun to find these people and have them give some modern boards a go to see what they think.
        In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
        Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

We've actually run into those guys at previous Midwest Meets. They all ride old snowbladish type boards, but they have a blast on them. I don't think any of our group has had a chance to talk to any of them, but we could definitely introduce them to some upgraded equipment. We also ran into another group of bladers last year. We didn't get a chance to talk to them either, but Courtney did stick an SBOL card in one of their bindings when we saw their boards propped up against a yurt.
          RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
            They all ride old snowbladish type boards, but they have a blast on them.
            I rode only Snowblades for five years before discovering skiboards. I had a freakin' blast on them, too. I would get all crazy and daring just like these mature gentlemen in these videos. At that time I was wearing a pair of Raichle rear-entry ski boots. My boots and blades made for an extremely light combination. It felt like nothing was on my feet. I miss that feeling of maneuverability that combo provided. This relates to what I shared in another thread about shorter boards. I sometimes think that what I ride now keeps me too safe and boring.
            Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
              I rode only Snowblades for five years before discovering skiboards. I had a freakin' blast on them, too. I would get all crazy and daring just like these mature gentlemen in these videos. At that time I was wearing a pair of Raichle rear-entry ski boots. My boots and blades made for an extremely light combination. It felt like nothing was on my feet. I miss that feeling of maneuverability that combo provided. This relates to what I shared in another thread about shorter boards. I sometimes think that what I ride now keeps me too safe and boring.
              sempai - sounds like you need to release your inner child again on some short boards!

sempai - your inbox is full
              In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
              Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
                sempai - your inbox is full
                Not anymore.
                Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                  If you'd like to rediscover that feeling again, you should try the 1996 Line skiboards. Those things are a blast in the trees because they're so short. I'll have a pair at Bohemia this year, and you're welcome to try them there.
                  RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

These fun things are heading to Dubai Monday morning

Comment

Working...
                    X