Snowbird & Alta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowbird & Alta

I just love this video. These two resorts look amazing, and the girl in the video is absolutely adorable. Anybody been to either resorts? Alta doesn't allow snowboards. Do you think skiboards would be an issue?

Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

So hot, i need to go there :-)
    Unless you risk it, you don't know what it is.
    *Proud designer of the SBOL hoodie*

Comment

Does she come with the lift ticket? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
        I just love this video. These two resorts look amazing, and the girl in the video is absolutely adorable. Anybody been to either resorts? Alta doesn't allow snowboards. Do you think skiboards would be an issue?
        Hi Sempai,

My wife and I went there two years ago. I called ahead of time and they are fine with skiboards. We had deep deep powder and the Condors did fine.

Chad
        Last edited by CAN; 10-24-2012, 05:43 PM. Reason: spelling
        64 CM Bigfoot’s
        100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
        110 CM Rockered Condors
        130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

Originally posted by CAN View Post
          Hi Sempai,

My wife and I went there two years ago. I called ahead of time and they are fine with skiboards. We had deep deep powder and the Condors did fine.

Chad
          Was it as awesome as it looks? I'd love to ride the RCs in all that powder.
          Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Looks hot enough to melt the snow.
            Just these, nothing else !

Comment

that makes me want to move.
              -r-
              2011 ktp's
              k2 haymaker boots
              Ride binding
              GGO Spine
              GGO Middle Man

www.skiboardbindings.com

GGO co-founder

Comment

How are they about "non-release" bindings? Dave Bloom and I are going to Park City Utah in December to film a Junk Show Episode. But we could possibly check those out too.

bnuf

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-10-25 at 1.55.05 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	244651

if they let dual snowboards in, ski boards shouldn't have any problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jackschmid View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2682[/ATTACH]

if they let dual snowboards in, ski boards shouldn't have any problem.
                    I have never seen these before. They're kind of goofy. They shouldn't allow them in Alta. They are ridden pretty much like regular snowboards.
                    Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                    Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Except that side-slipping won't scrape all the snow off of a run, and that your feet probably will not follow the exact same curve, so instead of cutting one deep trench, you'll cut two like skiers and skiboarders do. Most peoples complaints about snowboarders is that they harm the runs by scraping them down to ice/ground and can leave deeper trenches. And then to some degree the stigma of having a bad attitude that became synonymous, but there are just as many skiers with bad attitudes now.
                      I do it because I can.
                      I can because I want to.
                      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                      '08 KTPs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                        Was it as awesome as it looks? I'd love to ride the RCs in all that powder.
                        Yes it was as awesome as it looks. It was our first experience with deep powder. It snowed 23 " in one night. We went to Solitude the first day out and I hate to say I brought out my Icelantics as I didn't trust the Condors to hold me up. We met a guy on Line 5-0's cruising down the slopes so the next day after another 22" we hit Alta and I brought the Condors. They were great and I floated with ease and I am around 200lbs. I would suggest powder cords to help you if one happens to pop off so you can find them.

Brandon,

I don't know their feeling on non release as we both use release making them look like short skis to those who don't know. if they allow those Dual Snowboards then I wouldn't see why they wouldn't. I'd give a quick call or email before making the trek.

Chad
                        64 CM Bigfoot’s
                        100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
                        110 CM Rockered Condors
                        130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

I couldn't imagine riding powder on a dual snowboard. I feel like the front edge of the back leg would catch a lot. Causing the rider to do a split.

bnuf

Comment

^ I could be wrong though.

bnuf

Comment

Working...
                            X