HD Hero issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD Hero issues

The camera can't handle vibration well. It seems to mess up color rendition, I am not sure exactly. When helmet mount or hand held the picture quality is greatly reduced vs when its stationary. I am not complaining about camera shake, its that picture quality goes way down. I have only shot in 60fps 720p, this happens in good light. Am I the only one noticing this?

Its like its not exposing properly, or its internal compression software sucks. I am loosing detail.

I am assuming the gopro is fixed focus no moving parts right?

EDIT* Maybe this could be contributing. Maybe the shutter speed is to slow for the amount of camera movement there is maybe blurring the image slightly? Any way to find out what the shutter speed is in the video?
    www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
    DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
    Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
    GGO soft boot bindings
    Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

No real experience here, but are you using the latest firmware on it? There is always a chance it could be compression like you say that that a firmware update may help if you aren't on the most recent.
    I do it because I can.
    I can because I want to.
    I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
    '08 KTPs

Comment

Well I did a bunch more research and I realized their are a lot of things contributing to my issues.
      1st. is that Nudelles and I have a lot of black on and the hero is known for losing details.
      2nd. Last weekend when we were doing most of the still filming their was less snow, so the gopro was probably using a better exposure setting.
      3rd. It was sunnier last weekend, usually overcast.

It looks like the Hero2 is a lot better at details, but I don't know if its better enough. I think I am going to look into some larger cameras for filming. Does anyone know what camera brands have good repair policies for when I break it on the slopes?
      www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
      DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
      Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
      GGO soft boot bindings
      Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

Comment

Working...
      X