cant 360 productions videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nudelles View Post
    Does putting the camera on the stick help smooth out all the little jitters?-r-
    greatly. I ran a day this year with my goggle strap mount, and it wasn't nearly as smooth.
    - Alpina Fatboards with 8-hole bindings (retired as shot-skis)
    - 2003 Line Pro with FF-pro (on loan to friend)
    - 2010 KTP Revel8 Receptors with 2012 Orange Receptors
    - 2012 Rockered Condors with 2010 Black Receptors
    - 2014 DLP with 2021 Blue Receptors

Comment

We were getting laughed at and questioned when we were setting up shots to get.
      Yeah, depending on what area of a mountain you are setting up at, people will either question what you are doing, laugh at what to them seems absurd, or they will just think it is natural (the experience I tend to have in the park).

The problem I have with the go pro is that it seems you need to be so close to it in order for it to come out. And the camera doesn't like movement. Colors get washed out and nothing really seems to be in focus. This may be we need just a different mount than the hand held or helmet. But if the camera is not bouncing around its great. I strapped it to my car and went for a drive and the video is good. I plan to experiment more with the camera. I'm not much of a photography or film guy so its a new thing to me.

Does putting the camera on the stick help smooth out all the little jitters?
      I don't really have problems with washed out colors and jitters looking shots, but that is more based upon experience with it, the type of daylight, and what you are using it for. Cruising at high speeds on groomers tend to make bouncing all the more apparent. Riding in pow will have some bounce, but it more fluid as though someone is riding waves; i.e. groomers = choppy waves, pow = large flowing waves. Those are just some things to take into consideration. Using a GoPro on a stick can turn groomer rider into large flowing waves, but with what it adds in fluidity it takes away in true control. I have never seen a very precise GoPro on a stick shot. That is why I am not much of a fan. I would tend to use them on, like I said, follow cams off jumps where they flow through the air, and still shots. When I used them for moving shots, just as I use the T2i, in the editing process I use a stabilization app in Final Cut Pro. When doing so you have to take into account how much bounce there is and how much cut off room you are allowing in the shot. Again, experience with the software in conjunction to filming comes into play. It really is about the desired final product. Having a game plan going into any project will always give the outcome the most polished look.

I think the style of music effects the video tremendously. It sets the faze and the mood thus making a boring video entertaining, or vise versa. It is difficult to match the riding style and music because I do plan on making a videos that have different styles of music in them. Do you know what has to be done for the copyright law on the music?
      I strongly agree. The element of sound, be it the music or even the sound of the presented environment can make or break the video's effectiveness.

Gaining rights to songs is a very difficult process. About 50% of the music I use I have the rights to. That is where I run into a future problem of being able to release The Junk Show as a DVD. To get rights you need to contact the record label that owns the rights to the song and then work out a contract that gives you distribution rights, which would in the end cost you royalty payments to the label. That fee is up to the contractual agreement. There is no set fee, yet there are standard contracts out there. Google for some generic royalty rights contracts.

The songs I do have the rights to have been worked out with independent artists. I was involved in the music industry while in college and through that met a lot of people at small to medium sized record labels as well as independent artists. When dealing with music that is the best approach to take because in those cases labels and artists often are more concerned about exposure rather than money.

BTW: hows the shoulder? I can finely lift a gallon of milk.
      -r-
      It's getting better, thanks. I have been to the gym and have got myself up to 45lbs dumbbell bench presses. The doctor said at this point I wouldn't even be able to bench yet, so I am making progress. I am definitely ready to ride at least groomers, but I have spring break coming up, so I will be spending time at the beach instead, haha. Slowly, but surely, I'm getting there.
      I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

When we were setting up the shots on the spring day ( still working on editing the video) the mountain was pretty dead so we would just leave the camera and do 2 or 3 times buy. We also got other people. I normally wouldn't have done that because worried the camera would grow legs.

It could be that the majority of the time I am out skiing it is over cast. The camera doesn't seem to like that specially with the waterproof case on. I also had an issue with it fogging up at shredfest. I never noticed it before then.

I have a friend who just started a label company so im talking to the artist now to get some new sounds. Figure it might help out both of us. Nothing beats a classic song that everyone has heard though. And it is difficult to edit your video to a certain style of music when the music that is playing while your skiing is completely different. I have a strong music background so I have to pay attention to tempo and rhythms.

I never done any planning for videos before or even still shots. Thats just the way I am. That is why the camera is always on then I cut the sections out that are bad. lol. I hope I will start to get a eye for film.

and as far as powder..... I didnt know what that was untill shredfest, and I probably wont see it again untill next year.

-r-
        2011 ktp's
        k2 haymaker boots
        Ride binding
        GGO Spine
        GGO Middle Man

www.skiboardbindings.com

GGO co-founder

Comment

just me going for a ride on a nice sunny day.

-r-
          2011 ktp's
          k2 haymaker boots
          Ride binding
          GGO Spine
          GGO Middle Man

www.skiboardbindings.com

GGO co-founder

Comment

I just got done editing this and thought I would throw it up here.
            That is a crazy and sometimes disorienting camera angle. At times it looked like a stop motion video. I feel sorry for the topsheets on my boards if that is the view they have of the world!
            In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
            Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

just me going for a ride on a nice sunny day.

-r-
              What do they charge for a lift ticket when conditions are that shitty, zero dollars?
              Boards/Bindings:
              2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
              2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
              Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
              Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                What do they charge for a lift ticket when conditions are that shitty, zero dollars?
                I think they were getting paid for each run they took for clearing away the snow so they could open the slopes to mountain bikers! Some spring conditions for sure.
                In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

for the second one bee was just handholding the camera around waist to chest high. the one where he is in the trees it is put damn near straight up. was the video blotchy? it played smoothly on my end. But ill clame the sweet effect of the stop motion!

We had season passes and that was the last day the place was open this year. 2 weeks ago. the snow was actually great. just had to watch out for the non- snow patches. I've got more clips im still working on throwing together for the spring clip.. I now know that grass is not as slick as snow! It was sweet to see people in shorts and tank tops as they were on the mountain. along with people golfing.

-r-
                  2011 ktp's
                  k2 haymaker boots
                  Ride binding
                  GGO Spine
                  GGO Middle Man

www.skiboardbindings.com

GGO co-founder

Comment

Working...
                  X