Carving on 1996 Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carving on 1996 Lines

Finally got around to setting up a YouTube account for posting videos. This is just a short raw clip that I picked to test out the uploading process. I figured a couple members might find the clip somewhat interesting. This was shot at Jiminy Peak, hence the leashes. I was unaware that Massachusetts had a law requiring leashes, so I didn't have my nice SnowJam spring leashes along. Fortunately, I had a couple random old styles floating around.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Excellent! I have been waiting for a video from you. We'll get lots more of you riding at Spring Steez out here
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Yeah, I'm currently working on an edit with the footage from the Midwest Meets. Definitely looking forward to CO.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Great job Tim, super interesting video. You can probably guess which aspect interests me ;-) Folks watching the tape should take note of just how solid the board-boot connection is here with your stepins and fintecs.

Not only that, but for those who didn't catch the thread from a while back these are very early, pre 4x4 Line skiboards. Tim fabbed up an clever interface plate to adapt the odd insert pattern to 4x4 bindings. This particular set-up gets my vote for coolest, most innovative binding in skiboarding today.

Can you refresh us on the dimensions of your '96 Line skiboards? I seem to remember they're 90'ish length with condorlike width and a fairly gentle sidecut.

Comment

I see your running the bomber springs. Is their any improvement over stock for skiboarding?
          www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
          DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
          Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
          GGO soft boot bindings
          Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

Comment

What an awesome video! Thanks! I've never seen that interaction close up like that.

Comment

Thanks Bill, I figured you'd be one to find the video interesting. The Lines are 86cm long, 16cm wide at the tips, and 14.2cm wide at the waist. This makes them the widest skiboards under the bindings that I know of, beating even the mighty Condor.

It was really cool to ride these again for a whole day after pretty much spending the entire season on the RCondors. I was reacquainted with just how great these boards are, especially on nice groomers. As you can see in the video, there was plenty of corduroy to be had, and the Lines are great for easy linked turns. They do get choppy in the rough stuff due to their stiff flex, but the wide sharply upturned tips ride up over obstacles very well. I had ridden the RCondors the previous day at the mountain, and what I found most interesting was how similar these two boards feel underfoot. Without looking down, you'd be hard pressed not to think that you were riding the same boards, just with two different flexes.

Bee, the BTS system is a great addition to my boots. It doesn't give a huge amount of flex, but it does allow just enough to make the ride more comfortable. That, and it just looks cool. It is also great for confusing hardboot snowboarders that you may run into. Having the Fintecs, step-ins, and BTS really threw off one hardbooter that I happened to be near in the lift line.

Comment

Working...
              X