Midwest Meet 2012 Edit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwest Meet 2012 Edit

Hey everyone, here's my edit from the 3rd annual Midwest Meet at Mount Bohemia, MI. We shot over 60GB of HD footage, so it was tough cutting it down.

Tim = crazyboy-1
    Nick = zwingz
    Marshall = mavrick
    Nolan = nolhay
    Andrew = adeehr
    Tyler = tylerlough
    Scott = sempai

If anyone is interested we'll be going back to Mount Bohemia toward the end of the month (Feb 25 & 26). More details here: http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...929#post121929

Looks like you guys had a blast. One of these days I will try to make it out for that. I like how many different natural features existed in the woods. Is the resort primarily wooded?
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Bloom View Post
      Looks like you guys had a blast. One of these days I will try to make it out for that. I like how many different natural features existed in the woods. Is the resort primarily wooded?
      Thanks Dave! Bohemia really does have an entirely different feel than any other place I've ridden. Although the map may make it look like there are a bunch of cut trails, there are really only a few. At least 85% of the hill is wooded and there's a huge variety of different natural features to discover. Each day brings something different, and you never hit the same line twice.

Comment

Great job!

Hey Courtney, do you ever fall?
        Boards/Bindings:
        2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
        2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
          Great job!

Hey Courtney, do you ever fall?
          As we discovered last year I do fall, just not on film haha

Comment

Wow, Courtney ... . Superb job on that edit ..!!! one of the best edits of free riding in natural terrain I have seen yet !
            Those glades are absolutely the kind of stuff I love to do !! I will have to join you folks someday ! Thanks so much for putting this up !
            Boards :
            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
            Boots
            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
            Bindings:
            Zero Pro Non release Binding
            Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
            Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
            Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Yes!! Great riding.... what fun. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to have been there.
              Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
              Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
              Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
              History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

We had a great time watching all the fun you all had. Thanks for sharing.
                sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Great job again Courtney!

And for those saying you'd love to join us, why not? I know it's a little out of the way, but where else do you see riding like that? It's a unique experience for sure, even if you aren't hitting up all those drops
                  Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Wow, I thought last year's edit got me psyched to do trees--this year I watched every second oooohing and aaaaahing. Looks like you guys had an amazing time exploring the wild--was ANYBODY else there? Awesome to have that terrain all to yourselves. Very cool the way you guys created your own park out in the woods (full-body snow scraping?) This season has been the year of the man-made groomers out our way, so your edit was like watching a dream....a distant memory of what skiing could be like...
                    '07 "soft" ALPs
                    Eyeball DLPs
                    125 LEs
                    Ospreys mounted bindings
                    Crossbows
                    Spruce riser release bindings
                    Sometimes borrower of Chad's spare Blunt XLs

Comment

Again, excellent edit, Courtney. Great music, and it looks like we got a good variety of shots to pull from. I liked the idea of the caption in the upper right corner showing whose perspective it was. I'll be interested to see what I and the others can come up with as well.

I second Andrew's comment. We'd love to have more people join is for the Midwest Meet next year. Bohemia is one of my favorite mountains, and I think others would have a blast there. It's definitely a little rough at times, since nothing is groomed, but that just adds to the character of the mountain. It really is like nowhere else that I've visited.

This gets me even more psyched for the MM3.2! Hopefully, we can get some more great footage for more edits.
                      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice job you ALL!!! Looked like a blast! Another great Skiboarding event!
                        C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone. As Tim said, it would be awesome to see a few new faces next year and have some more people to share such a unique riding experience with.

Comment

Join me for some 20'+ cliff drops and I'm in. I'm sure I can convince Brett and Brandon to join as well.
                            I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Nice edit! Looks like alot of fun to be had there! If only we had trees like that over here... I'd never hit the groomers!

Comment

Working...
                              X