Midwest Meet 2012 Edit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Bloom View Post
    Join me for some 20'+ cliff drops and I'm in. I'm sure I can convince Brett and Brandon to join as well.
    I don't know about 20'+, but I'd estimate the bigger cliffs to be about 15' or so. I'm definitely hoping to hit those for MM3.2, and we should be able to get some good shots of it.

It'd be awesome if you could join next year, Dave. With all the natural features, I think you'd have a blast riding the woods there.

Btw, everyone should also check out the Nolan edit that Courtney put together. It's quite amusing.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

There are some really massive cliffs, but it doesn't look like they'd be possible to ride. My guess is that Bohemia left the tight trees around the bottom of them there on purpose.

Also, here's The Nolan edit, just for fun

Comment

Im curious, it looks so much fun! However, I wanna know when they say black runs in the east, what is the steepness level there? I can only do Blue runs here in the West (Talking Rocky Mountains). Will it be harder over there, because it's black?

Btw great clips!

Comment

Originally posted by Solarmoon View Post
          Im curious, it looks so much fun! However, I wanna know when they say black runs in the east, what is the steepness level there? I can only do Blue runs here in the West (Talking Rocky Mountains). Will it be harder over there, because it's black?

Btw great clips!
          At this hill there are certain areas that are really steep, but I think the main reason everything is black is because of the trees, powder, and general varying conditions. If the trees were cleared and the snow was groomed these would probably be rated more toward single blacks or maybe even blues rather than double or triple blacks.

Comment

I guess I need to work on doing steeps than >.< My biggest fear ever! lol.

But thanks

I always wanted to try trees, you guys make it look fun!

Comment

What a great and wild looking mountain. Those glades are amazing. Nice job on the edit.
              In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
              Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

glad you guys have snow out there Courtney! keep shreddin

-B
                sigpic

Comment

Back to Bohemia

Four of us returned to Mount Bohemia last month:

Comment

Another nice video, but it ended abruptly. Was that intentional?
                    Boards/Bindings:
                    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                      Another nice video, but it ended abruptly. Was that intentional?
                      I simply couldn't top that ending. Tim discussing elastomers has become such a highlight of Mount Bohemia

Comment

Another nice edit from Bohemia - nice job Courtney. Thanks to all who went for filming and sharing. Bohemia looks so cool - what a raw and natural place to ride. Love the way you drop through the glades and then wait beside the road for the bus to pick you back up so you can get back to a lift and do it again. Don't see that too often at a ski resort.

I still don't see how anyone could ski or snowboard through such tight trees. Doesn't seem like you would stand a chance on anything bigger than a 110.....
                        In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                        Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                          I simply couldn't top that ending. Tim discussing elastomers has become such a highlight of Mount Bohemia
                          Oh, so that's what he was talking about. I couldn't make out much of what he was saying.
                          Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Kudos. I really enjoyed watching this one. The intro had me hooked.
                            I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
                              I still don't see how anyone could ski or snowboard through such tight trees. Doesn't seem like you would stand a chance on anything bigger than a 110.....
                              Not all the trees at Bohemia are that tight. There are areas where they are spread out more. Those areas are more my speed.
                              Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                              Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.

A lot of the stuff we seek out is untracked simply because it is too tight for snowboarders or skiers to access. There is almost always an easier way down. There's a good amount of more open treed areas that aren't as steep. If you're comfortable riding in more spaced out trees and powder you'd have a good time at Bohemia. Since Bohemia doesn't groom it's a lot different than riding powder over groomed runs. Lots of depth variation and stuff under the snow you may not be able to see. Sometimes you have to throw your weight forward and back to keep your balance, but after a few sunken tips you get the hang of it

Comment

Working...
                                X