My vid from our 2011 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My vid from our 2011 season

Just a vid i did of a mate and myself on our week at the snow in aug last year. He was on a snowboard and i was on my DLPs. Both of our first times in the park and my first season ever on anything other than a snowboard lol

Figured since there is talk of people needing to put their stuff up I might as well.
    Plus its taken me since then to cut all the footage down for it :P
    Hopefully it doesnt bore you all too much!

Last edited by Greco; 01-12-2012, 08:42 PM.

Very cool! What was the deal with the guy at the top of the run playing the accordion? Never seen that before...

And I really liked the gates to enter the lift loading zone. I wouldn't mind seeing those at any of the places I've been here in the states!
    If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
    www.GetFitnessFast.com
    www.FastFitShake.com
    www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
    '07 BWP's
    2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
    Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Originally posted by Belle1708 View Post
      Very cool! What was the deal with the guy at the top of the run playing the accordion? Never seen that before
      Your resort doesn't have an accordion player?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        Your resort doesn't have an accordion player?
        Looks like I'm missing out! I'll see what I can do.
        If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
        www.GetFitnessFast.com
        www.FastFitShake.com
        www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
        '07 BWP's
        2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
        Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

That was a lot of fun, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very cool, great job editing.
            08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

pretty nice video man! good music and nice helmet stickers. Get those skiboards sideways on the boxes you def can do it!! enjoyed it though, nice post

funny as hell seeing that accordion player. id die laughing if someone sprayed him with snow

Comment

Originally posted by Belle1708 View Post
                And I really liked the gates to enter the lift loading zone. I wouldn't mind seeing those at any of the places I've been here in the states!
                I remember Durango (Purgatory) Mountain having those. That's the only place that I've been where they had gates.
                Boards/Bindings:
                2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

They have the gates on a couple lifts at Mt. Snow in Vermont. Nice video man.
                  2011 KTPs w/ Silver Receptor Bindings
                  2009 BWPs w/ Zero Pro Bindings
                  Full Tilt High Fives

Comment

Thanks guys and girls!

I had alot of fun making it and going through all the footage and re-living our trip So many fun/funny moments!

I dont know what the accordion player was about :S he was funny though and made everyone laugh!
                    And the gates we have on I'd say 90% of our lifts here... they help alot too when the snow is fairly high and the line slopes down to the lifts... gives you something to lean on/stop from if there is several ppl beside you and you cant pizza stop.

And yeah my mission for this year is to hit some of the bigger jumps and (20fters) and hit the boxes sideways. I was a bit sketchy then, being my first decent time on the boards, plus I hurt my knee 2 weeks before so was trying not to aggravate it by stacking too hard haha

I also am not used to the jumping feeling of jumping by lifting my knees up... so i was trying to jump like i was skipping with a rope. So this year I'm working on being quicker on my feet and getting that jumping motion down pat in the off season so i can get into it this season coming

Really looking forward to it!

Hoping we are going to have a decent season this year too, but not getting to excited... last year was awesome at the start, then really crap from mid season on. Although we had snow on the mountains two days ago. Its normally between 77F - 104F (25-40C) here at this time of year and its been pretty moderate temps lately, but two days ago it dropped to about 64F (18C) with a cold snap and snowed! It was only a light dusting and was gone by that night due to the warm ground but still weird!

Comment

What's the name of the mountain next to the blue lake?

Comment

I'm not even sure if it has a name?? I assume it would but not positive. Its not used due to not enough coverage as its not as high as falls creek itself i believe. i might have to investigate that one as there is a 4wd track that goes around the back of it....

Comment

Working...
                        X