Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Miller Teaser

Hi Everyone,

For those of you I haven't met, here's my background. I'm thankful to have had the chance to ride, develop, and film the most during this season compared to any other. My full edit releases on Friday. Hope you like it.

Tim Miller

Riding Since: 1999
    Grew up riding in SD/MT/CO, now live and ride in the Northwest.

www.sfc-usa.com

Cant wait to see the full edit Tim!

Comment

Stoked on the full edit man!
      2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

I dig this a lot. Very reminiscence of the late 90s/early 2000s skate vid era. Mashup, an older vibe of hiphop, already a blast with a skate trick in their, and a variety of teasing going on. A clear cut, bold statement given at the end. I am really stoked to see what comes out of this. Very impressive.
        I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

tim you got me hooked, i cant wait to see the full edit . i know you have something killer in there
          CHRIS

Comment

yeS!

Comment

haha sick teaser. left me wanting more cant wait to see the edit.

Comment

"every single edit is clips of frontsides"

haha ive been holding that in for 10 years...
                Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Roussel View Post
                  "every single edit is clips of frontsides"

haha ive been holding that in for 10 years...
                  While I think that is a bold statement and true in a lot of cases it is quite the blanket statement. I like the intentions behind it because it offers more options in a new direction, but I wouldn't say it is 100% accurate. I still watch edits from like 5 or 6 years ago of Kirk Thompson and a lot of the guys who were involved for a long time doing kindgrinds, backslides, fastslides, etc… Joey has been doing mizzous/sweatstances for quite some time, etc… I'm hoping for a future in skiboarding that includes not just doing a grind, but with the skate influenced intentions, skate-style switchups. I saw a local NYC rider skate edit yesterday that showed this dude doing a farv, sliding his food across a ledge, and scissoring the other side in a ski-style flow, blind switching 270 to fishbrain. The influence comes from all over.

I really am super stoked for this edit. I know from talking to Tim over the past year that there will be a definite skate vibe going. And, who doesn't like some skate steez, right?
                  I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

This teaser actually teased me. Expecting some creative rail game from this edit!
                    "If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do." -WM

"I'M THE BEST SNOWLERBLADER ON THE MOUNTAIN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by fourdown View Post
                      While I think that is a bold statement and true in a lot of cases it is quite the blanket statement. I like the intentions behind it because it offers more options in a new direction, but I wouldn't say it is 100% accurate. I still watch edits from like 5 or 6 years ago of Kirk Thompson and a lot of the guys who were involved for a long time doing kindgrinds, backslides, fastslides, etc… Joey has been doing mizzous/sweatstances for quite some time, etc… I'm hoping for a future in skiboarding that includes not just doing a grind, but with the skate influenced intentions, skate-style switchups. I saw a local NYC rider skate edit yesterday that showed this dude doing a farv, sliding his food across a ledge, and scissoring the other side in a ski-style flow, blind switching 270 to fishbrain. The influence comes from all over.

I really am super stoked for this edit. I know from talking to Tim over the past year that there will be a definite skate vibe going. And, who doesn't like some skate steez, right?

Glad you brought this up.

I said "every single edit is flips and frontsides." It's an overstatement, but I'm glad to get people thinking about it. I don't have a problem with either trick group. I have frontsides in my edit as well.

My point is that there is a wide variety of tricks, features, and terrain (outside the park) that could be included in photos and edits. There's potential for more creativity. Dave's examples of creativity are right on, and let me add Mark Carraro's ao soul type trick in that list. But I think we need more.

I know this creativity is already in our sport- I've talked to many of you about your creative ideas. I encourage you to film/post them- I'd love to name those tricks after each innovative rider. Also, I think it would be beneficial to our sport to show more creativity to the public.

Maybe someday a thread should be started about creative trick ideas. That would be fun.

www.sfc-usa.com

Comment

Originally posted by millet View Post
                        Mark Carraro's ao soul type trick.
                        I can't believe I forgot that. That was one of my favorite skiboard tricks done this year.

The point of what I wrote was definitely on the encouraging side of bringing in more creativity. I like that this is what was brought out from this teaser because this is the exact conversation that Tim and I have been having over the past six weeks in such a positive reinforcing light. I just wanted to highlight that there has been a bunch of it happening already. I think too often it gets lost within the much of the critique and excitement that comes about after videos are released.

Originally posted by millet View Post
                        Maybe someday a thread should be started about creative trick ideas. That would be fun.
                        That is an EXCELLENT idea. I think you should start that thread right away and it should be a sticky. And to take it a step further we have clips posted of tricks that are in that vein. I think having a collection and discussion will help encourage and push the creativity aspect even more than having the ideas spread so thin across the community.
                        I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

yeah im all for a thread getting started im going to have some videos up soon. someone should get it started or i might have to start it tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
                            I might have to start it tonight.
                            Do it up.
                            I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

Working...
                            X