No announcement yet.

Soft boot fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, was there more control or less control skiiing the trees? It seems like you wouldn't be able to get on edge as well, or have as much precision with soft boots, but I've never tried them so what do I know!! Did you like the soft boots better? Pros and cons from anyone who has used both--I would love to hear.

And yes, the most important thing is having a great time--looks like you guys did just that!

Comment

Originally posted by mamaanona7 View Post
      So, was there more control or less control skiiing the trees? It seems like you wouldn't be able to get on edge as well, or have as much precision with soft boots, but I've never tried them so what do I know!! Did you like the soft boots better? Pros and cons from anyone who has used both--I would love to hear.

And yes, the most important thing is having a great time--looks like you guys did just that!
      There are some pros and cons listed in this thread
      http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...982#post113982
      I hope to get a comprehensive faq page up in a day or 2 that will go into more detail. Keep a lookout for it in the gear section.
      www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
      DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
      Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
      GGO soft boot bindings
      Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

Comment

Thanks! I look forward to hearing more about them. Any way people will be able to "try before they buy"?

Comment

Thanks! I look forward to hearing more about them. Any way people will be able to "try before they buy"?
          Usually this is done through either attending a meet or finding someone in your area with a pair. Since you seem to be in California, maybe you could try getting in touch with Jack (jjue) and see if you could meet up with him somewhere next season.
          I do it because I can.
          I can because I want to.
          I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
          '08 KTPs

Comment

Hey, sorry about the delay in the post. But to answer your question about "try before you buy" we are planning to be at Shreadfest 2012. You are more than welcome to try my set up.
            -r-
            2011 ktp's
            k2 haymaker boots
            Ride binding
            GGO Spine
            GGO Middle Man

www.skiboardbindings.com

GGO co-founder

Comment

Really fun video guys! Looks like you are having a blast with the soft boot setup
              Can't wait to try this myself! I was, a little surprised how much these boards and bindings, fill in the trunk

But great video, great fun! The most important thing of skiboarding IMO

Comment

Working...
              X