California Dreamin on the Condor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Dreamin on the Condor

Well my season is not anywhere near done but here is a season edit and demo reel of free riding on the Condor in wide variety of snow both in the resort and backcountry ....
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

I so envy you. That is far better than the east coast. So fluid and laid back. Those glades are so massive. Nice calm edit. The title suits it well.
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Nice edit job Jack! Everyone will be on the Condor band wagon now!
      C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Jack, let us know if/when you hit up the east coast when we actually have snow (this winter was pretty crap). Looks like out west is where it's at ... but still, should you happen to be in the area, be sure to write us beforehand. Yeah!

Comment

Jack looks great. Lets keep those boards pointed down slope in the moguls! (ha ha)

Koneco,

I thought the East coast got lambasted this year. No?
          "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Jack,

This year I found myself doing much better in the bumps after taking a mogul class (with poles) and then pretending like I had poles in my hands when I went back to "real" skiboarding style. It helped tremendously. Keeping my upper body pointed downslope, twisting from the waist (quickly) back and forth and pretending like I was planting a pole in front at the apex. It created the right body language and balance. Now, I'm not saying I became some instant mogul star but it took me from pathetic to just below average. If I stay in the ruts and use the tops when I want to completely change lines for whatever reason there are times for very short periods I even look like I know what I'm doing. Staying loose is everything.
            "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
              Jack,

This year I found myself doing much better in the bumps after taking a mogul class ... Staying loose is everything.
              As a backcountry guy I don't ride moguls much .. it was great at Shredfest following a master in skiboarding moguls . Valmorel takes a nice smooth straight line down through the longest continuous steep mogul run we have at Tahoe (Gunbarrel at Heavenly ) ... I do my best to follow his lead ...
              To me skiboarding moguls is different then the frenetic way I used to ski long skis straight down the fall line ,banging my knees up toward my chin straight down .. it seems smoother , more relaxed and simpler ... nice! better suited to my ageing knees. and ageing body over all . ... !

Boards :
              Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
              Boots
              K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
              Bindings:
              Zero Pro Non release Binding
              Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
              Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
              Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
              Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Well, I guess I shouldn't say it was a crappy year. I live in NH, and we seem to have been missed by most things that nailed Vermont. Vermont had a pretty good season by all accounts. I try not to drive so much, and so most of my skiing was done in NH. I am also unemployed, so cheap ski days are things I try and stick to. Tenney Mountain is this little thing that offers decent skiing and a small, uncrowded terrain park for $25 every weekday. They don't have much in snowmaking, and for much of the season they were only about 25% open. Right before March they finally got some snow, but it is a co-op'd mountain, and they have rules once it hits March that kills weekday skiing. Ragged has cheap Thursdays, Gunstock has cheap nights, Sunapee has twofers, Wildcat up north by Mt. Washington has $9 Fridays, Attitash had some good deals too, though I woke up late and missed those. Loon wasn't too bad for people just skiing the normal runs, but glades were only barely covered, and most of the time not open. I love the glades! Before I got skiboards, they were the biggest reason for me to go skiing. Cannon seems to want to be icy all the time, and I have avoided them and wll avoid them until Mitterstill opens up, but they DO have a twofer deal as well. also, Kinsman ravine/glade is an excellent, narrow glade that criss-crosses a snow-covered stream. That was pretty powdery last time we went, though we were climbing up instead of skiing down (my first day with skiboards).

I guess the season was great if you lived in VT, or had a season pass, and/or could afford full lift ticket prices all the time. Even in NH it wasn't too bad, really. I got to go to Sugarbush and Mad River Glen this year, as well as Okemo (I don't like to talk about Okemo), and I probably skied at LEAST 12 times. In a sense, it was the best year ever for skiing for me, because I started jumping and went so often due to unemployment. This is also the season I found skiboards, and instead of buying one pair, I've purchased three: the Lacroixs, the ALPs, and a pair of Woodies that popped up on craigslist a little more than a week ago ($60!1one!!1). I have three sets of bindings and can now provide a friend who might wanna try them with a ride. This season was preparation for next season. I know what I can do and I'm gonna push it even farther. So ... yeah, I suppose it was a good season. : P

If you are a mountain biker, also give me a call if you come to the east coast.

Comment

Working...
                X