X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    Kirk.

Any tips for not falling back when hitting rails. When I try frontsides I seem to end up with my weight on the back leg and I go down. I haven't tried this on skiboards yet, just inline skates. I can jump on to boxes with forward facing grinds like Mizzous, but the sideways ones trip me up. I just can't seem to jump and keep my weight evenly over both feet.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• sparkmarker
    replied
    I loved your first tutorial on sliding boxes and rails. I'm comfortable sliding sideways now, but I'm not sure where to go from there. It would be great if you covered a few simple tricks to start with once a rider has basic slides down.

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by kirk View Post
    Post up anything you want to learn, but need some pointers on!
    Great topic.

Could you talk a little about how different board designs can help or hinder in the park. What kind of length should a board be for safe landings, how does rocker or camber affect hoe the board slides, will the board catch if they are wider or shorter than the width of the box, what effect does the stiffness have, anything else you can think of.

I really have confidence on my Blunts but feel that the longer/wider/stiffer Slapdashes may be better suited to the park?

Leave a comment:

• kirk
    started a topic Want to get better in the park?

Want to get better in the park?

I am going to write a followup to the beginner skiboarding tutorial here: http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=12658 . After you have the basics, there really isn't a "defined" path, so I was wondering if there was anything specific that people would like covered? I'm not sure if I'll do this as one big "intermediate" tutorial or break it down into individual trick tips, depends on the response.

Post up anything you want to learn, but need some pointers on!
Working...
X