Progressive Park Style… Thread Resurrected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progressive Park Style… Thread Resurrected

Okay, so now that the summer has past (just about, anyway) and people have had time to discuss style in park and the development of progression…

What are the new ideas that stirred up in those heads of yours?

Aside from a few new grinds that I will do for the new edits I am stoked on some new ideas borrowed from rolling and modified. For one thing, I have never seen a legit Med Spin 540 done on skiboards.

Watch at 4:27 to see a Med Spin.

I'm making it a point to bring that in this year. And it will look great with a dope pair of new (plug) 2012 Revel8 boards ;-)
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

so its just buttering off of a jump?

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
      so its just buttering off of a jump?
      YeH i just watched it.. Looks like a butter 5 in skiboarding
      RVL8
      \______^=======^______/
      www.YouTube.com/TalonSei

Comment

No, it's flowing a 180 into a fakie mono roll (or to apply it to skiboarding, switch mono board) and in the rotation hopping off of the fakie solo foot and continuing with another complete spin. It's not buttering because that is not possible with skates. It is actually doing a 180 onto the solo foot, but you make it flow in somewhat of a buttering vibe. To do it on skiboards in the same manner you would have to actually jump to the switch mono board as you go up the kicker and then finish the rest while going off of the kicker.
        I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Med spins go off one foot, unlike the butter tricks I'm familiar with.
          -----------------------------------------
          At :23 in this video there's a one footed trick on a long double barrel rail. I'd like to see that done grabbed and backwards like an AO fishbrain in skating.

Double rails are less common now and I'm not sure if I'm the best rider to attempt this, so I thought I'd throw it out there as an idea.

Be warned- at 1:00 you can see what happens when this trick goes wrong.

www.sfc-usa.com

Comment

Originally posted by millet View Post
            At :23 in this video there's a one footed trick on a long double barrel rail. I'd like to see that done grabbed and backwards like an AO fishbrain in skating.

Double rails are less common now and I'm not sure if I'm the best rider to attempt this, so I thought I'd throw it out there as an idea.

its a ski slide, theyre tough to do but im sure somone can pull it off

Comment

Originally posted by jackschmid View Post
              its a ski slide, theyre tough to do but im sure somone can pull it off
              A ski slide? Never heard it called that, but then again I know extremely little about skiing, haha. Riding forwards with one ski or a guiding ski is called a mono slide or 50/50. What Tim is referring to trying is doing it in between a double rail so the effect is that of a fishbrain.

I wish skiboarding was still like this. Back when grabs and rolling influence existed. I'M A SNOLLERBLADER I so should have gotten into this sport back in the late 90s.

I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

I am just a sideline spectator of you guys in the park ... but I think there is something really important being said in this thread ... I think it is really cool to be progressing a unique style in our sport ... tricks and types of riding that distinguish us from skiing .. there must be tricks unique to the short length of our skiboards that are similar to tricks done on inline skates that are very difficult to do on long skis .. i really applaud the efforts to move the two sports of lnline and skiboarding together , one sport progressing the other ... one being the summer or winter version of the other .... right on !
                Boards :
                Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                Boots
                K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                Bindings:
                Zero Pro Non release Binding
                Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

This is the direction skiboarding should be going in the park. Personally, I was/am a skier before anything so I don't see my riding being influence by rolling like that, but I love that people are starting to bring something new to the table. Hopefully if people start slaying inline-inspired tricks on skiboards, people will start to think of skiboarding as a unique winter sport, not just "Oh you mean those little skis?"

What I REALLY want to see this year is some urban shots from the Revel8 riders (Any east coast guys down to hit some spots, I am always down to film. I have a few spots in mind)
                  "If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do." -WM

"I'M THE BEST SNOWLERBLADER ON THE MOUNTAIN!!!"

Comment

Funny you mention Urban, Paul. Hmmm… Matt and I, and someone shown in this thread… Montreal? :-)
                    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

im planing on getting hurt by urban this year!

Comment

Originally posted by fourdown View Post
                        Funny you mention Urban, Paul. Hmmm… Matt and I, and someone shown in this thread… Montreal? :-)
                        going to be epic!!!!!!!!

Comment

I wish there were more of those double barrels... Tussey in State College used to have one with a really good gap, so you could lock in soul tricks really good... did souls, miszous, fish, and kindgrinds on those back a long time ago...

double barrels used to be everywhere... just like single round rails, but now they hardly exist...

Originally posted by millet View Post

Comment

Working...
                          X