Late Season Pow Day at Closed Ski Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Season Pow Day at Closed Ski Area

Wonderful pow day today at closed Kirkwood ski area. Kirkwood does allow uphill climbing after the resort closes and it was great fun to climb and ride down in the fresh snow on my tech binding modified receptor bindings on regular Condors!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Great conditions Jack. I should have brought along my gear and joined you. In Long Beach for a conference this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
      Great conditions Jack. I should have brought along my gear and joined you. In Long Beach for a conference this week.

Hi Slow , Liz and I miss riding with you and Maria! Will you two be able to come out to Shredfest next year ???
      Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

We sure hope to come out riding again with everyone in 2023. Will be slower and out of shape, lol.

Keep me posted on the dates.

sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Looking good my friend!

rickylink

rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
          ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Woah! incredible. Looks awesome you were able to adapt this to back country. Do you use skins as well?
            Cheers.
            Good. and you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelmarit View Post
              Woah! incredible. Looks awesome you were able to adapt this to back country. Do you use skins as well?
              Cheers.
              Yes I use skins cut to fit my Condors. Here is the post where I describe how I modified the Receptor binding to use with a tech binding .
              https://forums.skiboardsonline.com/f...d-tech-binding

Basically, I use HDPE 1/2 inch plastic to create a new front baseplate to which I directly mount a tech toe , I use the same HDPE 1/2 inch plastic to create a shim for the rear baseplate of the receptor binding . I use the front bale of the receptor binding and attach it to the rear baseplate and replace the front lever with an aftermarket telemark heel lever. I use open center place in the receptor baseplate to screw in an aftermarket splitboard heel elevator with screws and a washer underneath. The tech toe piece alone is used for climbing . When I descend I clamp the heel down with the rear telemark lever. The whole system works great . Originally I also added studs to attach ski crampons but I have found wide strap on crampons to work well and are lighter and easier to carry if I run in to icy snow . These are the strap on crampons I use. https://www.skincleats.com/new-produ...ats-claws-pair
              I always use skins for climbing and then add crampons as well as needed for icy snow . Skins and crampons removed at the top of the climb for the descent .
              Let me know if you have any questions /
              Boards :
              Boots
              Bindings:

Comment

Working...
              X