Skiboarders in the Backcountry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skiboarders in the Backcountry

My buddy Jeff M. and I joined two of our other ski buddies in the Carson Pass high country yesterday . Jeff was on his Spruce Sherpas with a custom Tyrolia Ambition binding mount by Jeff Singer and I was on my classic original edition Condors with my custom skiboard Tech binding. All I can say is skiboards just rock for backcountry adventures!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Good to see Jeff in action.
    Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Hi Jeff, can I ask an odd question.

Do you enjoy the uphill part of these trips, or is the skinning up just something to tolerate to be able to have fun skiing down?
      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
        Hi Jeff, can I ask an odd question.

Do you enjoy the uphill part of these trips, or is the skinning up just something to tolerate to be able to have fun skiing down?
        From Jeff:

Bad Wolf, 

Sorry for the late reply to your question. I actually don’t mind climbing in skins.  I’ve always enjoyed hiking and backpacking in the high Sierras, and unless you’re breaking trail in the snow, climbing in skins seems easier to me than hump’n it up a rocky trail, even with the aid of trekking poles. As long as you go at a pace that allows you to control your breathing, you can get up the hill pretty comfortably, and surprisingly fast.  Plus your efforts take you to some amazing ski hills with great views, and VERY few people. 

All the best,

Jeff

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Boards :
        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
        Boots
        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
        Bindings:
        Zero Pro Non release Binding
        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Working...
        X