MSR Supercrampon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSR Supercrampon!

This is from the 'make do with what ya got' files...

With all the backcountry binding talk, I was thinking about crampons and the idea of a snowshoe frame that could clip or strap to a skiboard in touring mode. Then I happened to notice that my Spliffs would slide quite nicely through the front piece of my snowshoes. And then... (see photos)

Not a practical idea, especially since my boots don't have a walk mode, but it made me laugh. On a somewhat more practical note, the pivot-pins can be removed quite easily, which would leave the footbed and toe cleat of the snowshoe available as a mini-crampon. I like the 'full crampon' look, though.
    Attached Files
    BOARDSLAYER
    Base / Edge Destruction X X X
    Cores Snapped X X X

Hi Steeps, your post reminded me of this product I heard about a couple of years ago.

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Interesting... they make quite the variety of snowshoes, including old-school beavertails. I don't think anything beats the flotation of an old-school snowshoe, even if rawhide is a bit of a pain to maintain.
      BOARDSLAYER
      Base / Edge Destruction X X X
      Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Working...
      X