Backcountry on the Receptor Touring binding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backcountry on the Receptor Touring binding

Nice tour today on the modified Receptor Touring binding and Blunt Xl.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

The touring modification for the Receptor binding worked great . This touring modification is explained in this post .
    https://forums.skiboardsonline.com/f...ouring-binding

The spring cables are cheaper and lighter then the hardwire cables and seemed to work fine once I tightened them up . It is important to run them pretty tight so you need some force on the side tension lever to close them . Using the heel elevator assembly requires me to move the heel piece as far back as I can on the Receptor plate. I run them in the center mount inserts and with the set back on the Receptor get a 2cm set back . This seemed to work today great in the crusty snow . Climbing with the Blunt XL is great , kind of like gliding snowshoes on steroids! Pocket rocket to descend on in all kind of junky backcountry snow.
    ps at the top of the climb I just remove the strap and the cables and snap in normally into the Receptor binding . I then take off the climbing skin while locked into the binding Keeping the climbing skin on until the last keeps everything from moving around as I transition. I am really enjoying touring in this unique binding and boards . It does turn heads for sure . It is also a pound lighter per foot compared to my Fritschi binding and custom riser , making a really nice light weight system.
    Tour details : Up soft snow to the ridge line , then looking for a nice place to drop down to the lake. After dropping the nice north slope in pow on the magic carpet Blunt xls, skied out on telemark cables and skins down the snow covered road back to the car , passing snowed in cabins and a snowman on the way out . The Blunt Xl and the modified receptor binding , let me climb like I was on mini fat telemark skis , descended in fine control , locked into a rigid ,precise non release binding , and then cruising out on the road like i was on cross country skis. Really super fun !
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Nice! That's getting to be a slick little setup! I may have to attempt this, especially for some light-duty touring out back of my place (especially if covid ends up closing the resort - hope not!).

I'm a firm believer in non-releasable bindings, but would probably go back on that policy for big backcountry trips. It's been pointed out to me that one wants their bindings to release if caught in an avalanche, or else your gear becomes an anchor. Avy danger is pretty high around here, which is one of the reasons I haven't made the jump into touring yet!
      BOARDSLAYER
      Base / Edge Destruction X X X
      Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Out today again in the backcountry. on the Receptor Touring Binding with telemark cables. This time on DLPs. Snow condition in the backcountry has deteriorated from the lack of new snow and warm day time temps.
        The snow is variable , some of the snow is frozen pretty solid and some is breakable crust . Climbing is on a very icy skin track. I wanted a narrower skiboard today and the DLP fit the bill. I like to run the DLP from the rear , optimum set back for me is around 4cm in junky snow, and breakable crust. I was able to get the required 4cm set back by substituting Zero Pro Rear bales for the Receptor bales which causes my heel to be set back an additional 2cm vs the Receptor heel bale ( maximum set back is 2cm for my boot size). . I was also able to insert a crampon receiver in front of my toe piece in the Receptor center groove. I really needed the extra bite of a regular ski crampon today on the steep icy skin track. I think this is a great set up which seems bomb proof and is a very easy and inexpensive touring modification to the base Receptor binding . ps . transitions are super easy . I just leave the touring cables on when going down hill they are flat on the board (see photo). , They stay put and do not come loose as they are trapped in place by my locked in boot on the descent . Pics in the next post.
        Boards :
        Boots
        Bindings:

Comment

Here are pics

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Boards :
          Boots
          Bindings:

Comment

Nice pics!
            Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
            Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
            Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Working...
            X