X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a picture locked in for descent

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Or for extra security just stretch it back over the heel bale and snap it shut.

Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Like this

Boards :
        Boots
        Bindings:

Comment

With my size boot just enough room for ski crampon attachment also Sweet!
          Crampon attachments are inverted 30mm M 6 screws and M6 wingnuts. Crampons B and D 135 mm wide drilled with holes 4 cm apart. Crampons are optional. Easy alternative are Skeats strap on mini crampons

Boards :
          Boots
          Bindings:

Comment

Boot comparability issue with heel lifter
            I was testing my regular downhill boot with the Spiltboard heel and it doesn't work because the lift plate is higher than the receptor heel piece . My AT boot has an arched foot sole which allows the heel elevator to fit. Pictures follow. I think there is another heel plate that will work. I will explain in another post below.

Boards :
            Boots
            Bindings:

Comment

Pictures with my Alpine boot and AT boot showing heel lifter clearance issue

Boards :
              Boots
              Bindings:

Comment

The heel lifter I think that will work has an 8mm plate and comes packaged with spring tension cables from Voile . You. can also special order the plate itself . Then you need the 58mm climbing wire also . I think this heel lifter should work with all boots . 8mm is about the height of the receptor heel plate. and is lower then the heel plate I am using in the above pictures. I have bought this new heel plate and will test it out when it comes in to make sure it works with all boots. Attachment should be the same with a M6 screw (shorter, I will determine the length) and a M6 flange nut , This heel lifter is meant to be drilled into a ski and the holes in the plastic part may need to be enlarged a bit to fit the M6 screw but I will work this out as soon as I get the part in .
                Click image for larger version  Name:	voile_sidethrow_heel_spring_unit_540x540.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.2 KB ID:	262994

https://www.voile.com/voile-sidethro...ring-unit.html
                ​​​​​​https://www.voile.com/voile-3-pin-ca...ing-wires.html
                Boards :
                Boots
                Bindings:

Comment

The heel elevator that comes bundled with the Voile spring tension cable for 30 dollars( 60 dollars for the pair you will need) and the 58 mm climbing wires for 10 bucks and a pair of 20 cm Voile straps is all you need to complete this receptor mod ,super inexpensive for a competent touring binding adaptation. No drilling and no custom work!
                  The packaged heel elevator just bolts into the receptor base with 25 mm M6 x1.0 machine screws into M6 Flange nuts placed under the middle slot in the receptor plate. The heel elevator pad is perfectly flush with the Receptor heel plate like it was custom made. Sweet!!
                  Picture in next post.

Boards :
                  Boots
                  Bindings:

Comment

Here is a photo of heel elevator installed.

Boards :
                    Boots
                    Bindings:

Comment

Nice one! Hmm, that's a reasonable option for mounting brakes to Receptors, maybe. I'd have to look at some aftermarket brakes to see. I've wanted to do that for a while so that I can ditch the leashes (also would come in handy for any touring mod with releasable bindings).
                      BOARDSLAYER
                      Base / Edge Destruction X X X
                      Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Here is a report testing the binding in the backcountry :
                        https://forums.skiboardsonline.com/f...ouring-binding
                        I do recommend keeping the side tension cable very tight. It is best to just remove the cable when going downhill rather then leaving it attached.
                        This is easy to do. Transitions are simple ,just remove voile strap, unsnap front lever, remove cables and then just snap back in as usual while leaving the skins attached to prevent the skiboard from moving around . Then skins are easily removed while you are snapped in.
                        Boards :
                        Boots
                        Bindings:

Comment

Here is a shopping list and links for the Receptor touring modification . All easily purchased and used with your Receptor binding and skiboard with no drilling or custom modifications .
                          In this picture I show the completed touring modification. The crampon and crampon receiver in front of the toe is not necessary for most applications and a simple Skeats strap on mini crampon will usually be sufficient if crampons are needed.
                          IMG_20210117_095228942 by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr
                          Understand that backcountry skiboarding is a high risk activity and I recommend you take avalanche courses , purchase additional avalanche gear such as beacons , shovels and probes and go with experienced backcountry riders. Also this a personal modification that you choose to use on your skiboards accepting all risks inherent with equipment failure and backcountry risks . This is not a manufacture recommended use of your binding or these binding parts and is only a binding modification I have done myself for my own use and am sharing with the skiboard public for their own education as to possible personal ways of modifying their bindings for backcountry use.

A pair of 20 inch Voile Straps https://www.voile.com/aluminum-buckle-straps.html
                          A pair of Sidethrow heel and Spring units https://www.voile.com/voile-telemark-binding-parts.html
                          58 mm climbing bales (this comes as a pair) https://www.voile.com/voile-3-pin-ca...ing-wires.html
                          Four M6 x1.0 25mm long machine screws and Four M6 flange nuts from the hardware store ( to attach heel elevator to receptor binding)
                          Climbing skins ( I recommend these- choose the width closest to width of your skiboard at the waist) https://skiskinsonline.com/shop-bsmp/og-ski-skin/
                          A set of Skeats strap on mini crampons http://www.skincleats.com/new-produc...tainless-steel
                          Boards :
                          Boots
                          Bindings:

Comment

jjue - this is excellent stuff! I have wanted to start exploring back country for a while, just haven't had the chance yet. I saw your original post using the Line bindings, and grabbed the voile telemark spring cables. I feel like I have a mod that may only work for others like me that have smaller feet (24.5 boots). I am curious as to your thoughts on this set up. With this setup, I flip the skiboard so that the toe of my boot fits into the heel bail of the receptor, and the toe bail is used as a heel lifter under the boot. Wondering if you have experienced any issues with the spring cables where your heel shifts left/right? The concern with the toe bail under foot with any shifting left/right is that a step down may miss the toe bail?

Again, I have not tried this, only put it together in the house, but looking at gathering the required equipment to put it to use next season. Thank you!

Will add a picture in next post.

2013 KTP
                            2018 SII
                            2019 Blunt XL

Comment

Picture as described in previous post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              2013 KTP
                              2018 SII
                              2019 Blunt XL

Comment

Originally posted by Webby View Post
                                Picture as described in previous post
                                Isn't that too steep an angle, wouldn't you be too much on your toes ? It also looks like the boot would have to always be in the same lean angle, forward lean would be prevented by the binding, looks like it's grabbing the front of the boot very tight, doesn't seem to allow any play.

I would also be concerned about too much weight on the toe binding piece, that joint under the middle of the boot seem to hold your whole weight, it probably cannot break but the arms of the toe bail might bent, don't you think ?
                                Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
                                Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
                                Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

Working...
                                X