Blunt Xl Backcountry Set Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shortydude View Post
    jjue, I appreciate all the help, thanks.
    I found these skins, which seem almost reasonable. What's your opinion of them? I'm unsure about the small size may be too large for Sherpa. I couldn't find any skins for Sherpa's here at SBOL. Where can I find skins for Sherpa's?
    https://www.levelninesports.com/leve...touring-skins/
    Here are the skins I recommend. They have the right tip and tail connectors for the Sherpa. I just get the 115 size skins,and trim slightly at waist to fit 112 width of Sherpa if necessary. Some folks buy wider 130 or 145 skins and trim to fit ,but I have always just bought skins about to the width of my skiboard. I'm not sure those skins you mentioned have the correct connectors.
    https://skiskinsonline.com/shop-bsmp/og-ski-skin/

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

jjue, your link is even cheaper than the Level9 ones. I've never seen that site before, so that's interesting. I really found their chart on stick vs glide interesting.

I'll be using these much differently than a single long accent/decent. I live in a great corn desert, very flat. What I visualize is using these more like cross country skis, sliding down 100' hills and skinning back up (repeatedly). My head tells me to go with nylon, but my heart says to go with the better glide mohair that has the low tack adhesive to make it easier to put them on and take them off several times a day.

Comment

I put together a softboot setup together last year and rode on the RC Condors. I found skinning easy, skiing was a blast in the powder once I got the feel, hard pack is difficult......well.....different. I am going to try the setup on the XL and possible the Blunts (they are my favorite) this year. I plan of doing a week long back country touring trip with the skiboards. I like this setup here, would be nice to have hard Boot feel on way down. I will watch for your review. Thanks for all the info posted on the forum, it is your input that helped me decide what to try first!

Comment

Nice to hear that you got out on the RCs with a softboot set up and skinned up on the system,Bert! I used the Blunts and the Blunt Xls with skins and a soft boot set up in the backcountry both skiboards work great as backcountry softboot skiboards as does the RCs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Boards :
          Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
          Boots
          K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
          Bindings:
          Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Bert, here is the link to my post on trying out the softboot set up in the backcountry on Blunts
            https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
            I have also edited my post today on using the RvL8 soft boot set up in the backcountry with some information on crampons and on skins.
            https://forums.skiboardsonline.com/f...ackcountry-kit
            Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
            Boards :
            Boots
            Bindings:

Comment

Working...
            X