Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shortydude
    replied
    What a beautiful playground! Those pics lift my soul.

I really need to move to Reno.

Leave a comment:

• jjue
    replied
    Originally posted by shortydude View Post
    That looks like a pretty good day! How many miles do you guestimate it was all together? How long did it take you to get back to the car? I'm surprised those cabins can survive these kind of winters.
    It was about 4.5 miles round trip including the ski descents and climbs, we started out around 800am , had lunch at the lake and were back to the car around 115 pm , so a half day trip,
    yes the cabins are built sturdy and have survived many winters , lots of the cabins were built circa 1920's to 1930's .
    Echo lake is a cool place both summer and winters ....

Here is a nice group photo album of the lake and area around the lake in both summer and winter...
    https://www.flickr.com/groups/echolake-ca/pool/

Leave a comment:

• shortydude
    replied
    That looks like a pretty good day! How many miles do you guestimate it was all together? How long did it take you to get back to the car? I'm surprised those cabins can survive these kind of winters.

Leave a comment:

• jjue
    started a topic Echo Lake Tour

Echo Lake Tour

Nice tour around the echo lake area today with Jeff M. ,
    Getting my gear ready , Spliffs with custom modified Receptor binding with heel binding by Bill on the forum which doubles as a telemark cable receptor for the uphill , and Line FF pro toe clip that doubles as a heel elevator for the uphill , G3 climbing skins ..
    IMG_0936_zpszcj8nkci

Jeff getting his boards ready , Sherpas with Spruce backcountry system with Ambition bindings..
    IMG_0937_zpsivilzobu
    On the climb to Becker ridge ...
    IMG_0939_zpspeg0137r

From the ridge we skiied down this wide open corn snow slope and then climbed back up...
    IMG_0944_zpsvatb4b73

Unfortunately I did not get any pictures of the crux of the descent , we descended the steep trees below Becker peak to the lake
    The descent was the most difficult riding we had done all year , very difficult to ski breakable crust ,, I was planning on getting some video but we both were just concentrating on getting down in one piece , luckily we made it to the lake , even made some passable turns , ! The slope drops through the trees just at the edge of the open slope on the mountain on the left of the photo above the lake

After a nice lunch on the frozen lake , it is time to head out
    IMG_0947_zpskc998tol

Along the way we pass the Summer Chalet , that is covered with snow to the roof line ..
    IMG_0948_zps1pd2kgkw

Cabins are covered with snow along the road out
    IMG_0949_zpsbos8q3lv
    Very nice quiet trip , exciting and challenging as well !
Working...
X