Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sempai Goes Backcountry for the First Time !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sempai Goes Backcountry for the First Time !

Today Sempai joined my buddies and I for his first backcountry trip. Many thanks to Slow for designing the backcountry binding kit that Sempai used to convert his Line FFpros to a backcountry skiboard binding for his Rockered Condors. Sempai got the full backcountry experience , difficult and challenging climbing , a full day of up and down with multiple transitions , lots of sweat , and untouched magnificent pow to ride . I will let Sempai give his own report about the experience . Here is video of Sempai's first backcountry trip . I am following Sempai as he climbs up the mountain . Sempai is the guy in the video holding his poles in one hand or crosswise on the descent . Kudos to Sempai for taking up the challenge and going for it . You did fabulous and we hope you will join us again soon !!

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Mmmmmmmm powder.

Sempai's my hero.
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Incredible. Way to go sempai! Thanks for sharing jjue.
      In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
      Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Sempai, you are a natural for BC.
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

So nice!

Comment

Nice Sempai! My only question is, are you superhuman enough to accompany Jack on a second trip?
            64 CM Bigfoot’s
            100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
            110 CM Rockered Condors
            130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

Originally posted by CAN View Post
              Nice Sempai! My only question is, are you superhuman enough to accompany Jack on a second trip?
              My bet, he is.
              sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Well, I have to admit that during the first couple of climbs I was wondering what the hell I had gotten myself into. I was sweating like I was in a 200 degree sauna and sucking in air like there was no tomorrow. Then on the third climb I got into a rhythm and was able to get my breathing under control. At that point I started to enjoy myself. The payoff of riding down in untouched powder is worth the climb. I'm glad Jack and his buddies allowed this backcountry noob to tag along.

Originally posted by CAN View Post
                I will definitely join Jack for a second trip and then some.
                Boards/Bindings:
                2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                  Well, I have to admit that during the first couple of climbs I was wondering what the hell I had gotten myself into. I was sweating like I was in a 200 degree sauna and sucking in air like there was no tomorrow. Then on the third climb I got into a rhythm and was able to get my breathing under control. At that point I started to enjoy myself. The payoff of riding down in untouched powder is worth the climb. I'm glad Jack and his buddies allowed this backcountry noob to tag along.

I will definitely join Jack for a second trip and then some.
                  Get him to take you to Mt Rose . . . . .
                  Crossbow (go to dream board)
                  Most everything else over time.
                  Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                    Sempai's my hero.
                    Aw shucks!

Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Here's the rig I used:

On the climb the rear bale becomes the front, and the toe piece is used to elevate the heel.

This is how things work on the decent.

If needed, crampons can be attached where the wing nuts are.

Big thanks to Slow for coming up with this design. I just tweaked it slightly to work with my FF-Pros. It works pretty slick!
                      Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                      Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Working...
                      X