Bitten by the backcountry bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LYK View Post

Perhaps the plate is a good, simple compromise in this case - I can climb in the centered position, and if the situation permits, move the plate on the hill and descend on the setback position, which I prefer.
    yes , the riser will allow that in the field , in actual practice I have found climbing fine with a 5cm set back and just leave it there for both up and down ... previously with more extreme set backs ie 8 cm or 10cm , I had some issues with climbing which I reported in the post you refer to ...
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Thats good to know, thanks Jack.

Another thought has sprung to mind - Looking at the pictures of the riser, do u think there is enough room in front of the forward inset mounts to drill another set of holes, to mount it with a setback on older, center only boards?

Comment

Originally posted by LYK View Post
        Thats good to know, thanks Jack.

Another thought has sprung to mind - Looking at the pictures of the riser, do u think there is enough room in front of the forward inset mounts to drill another set of holes, to mount it with a setback on older, center only boards?
        I will have to look at the new Ambition /riser prototype when it gets to me ... I doubt that there will be enough room ...
        Boards :
        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
        Boots
        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
        Bindings:
        Zero Pro Non release Binding
        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Working...
        X