Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow
    replied
    Thanks for sorting that out. I did not realize that you had a ff pro bale on the Receptor.

Leave a comment:

• jjue
    replied
    Originally posted by slow View Post
    Hi Jack,

Thanks for clarifying. It was getting confusing trying to keep up with the developments.

Do the receptors also allow the use of the heel bale as the a toe bale with your FT boots?
    the receptor heel bale is too small to be used as a toe bale for any ski boots ...
    i used a line ff pro heel bale in the receptor binding it fits all regular ski boots as a toe bale except for the Full tilt ..
    the only current standard heel bale that can be used as a toe bale for Full tilt boots are the Zeros which have a very wide heel bale ....

Leave a comment:

• slow
    replied
    Originally posted by jjue View Post
    zero stock binding ..

The zero has a very large diameter heel bale and lets me use the heel bale as a toe bale for the Full tilts ... it also will fit any other downhill ski boots as a toe bale .. using the heel bale as a toe bale is a stroke of genius suggested by Skafreak and helps to prevent premature release of the binding and also puts the climber in a front ward position ( if you use a set back as I do ) .. the front ward position was magic for trail breaking ....

also the Zero heel bales can be used nicely as heel elevators and help also as heel locators and help to prevent torqueing of the boot when pared with telemark cables
    Hi Jack,

Thanks for clarifying. It was getting confusing trying to keep up with the developments.

Do the receptors also allow the use of the heel bale as the a toe bale with your FT boots?

Leave a comment:

• jjue
    replied
    Oh I got so excited I forgot the review!

Full tilt booter
    Perfect backcountry skiboard boot ... extremely light weight , I removed the rear forward lean plastic piece so could have a more upright stance... leave all the buckles undone for climbing nice and comfy for the climb ..
    lock all the buckles for the descent and have full on ski area boot control for the descent ... just the perfect backcountry boot !

zero stock binding ..

The zero has a very large diameter heel bale and lets me use the heel bale as a toe bale for the Full tilts ... it also will fit any other downhill ski boots as a toe bale .. using the heel bale as a toe bale is a stroke of genius suggested by Skafreak and helps to prevent premature release of the binding and also puts the climber in a front ward position ( if you use a set back as I do ) .. the front ward position was magic for trail breaking ....

also the Zero front bales / front lever, can be used nicely as heel elevators and help also as heel locators and help to prevent torqueing of the boot when pared with telemark cables

Here is a pic of the Full tilts in the Zero binding locked with telemark cables and the zero front bale used as a heel lift .
    IMG_0998-1 by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr

By changing the positon of the front bale you have two positions of heel lift
    IMG_0999 by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr

Here is a detail pic of the zero front bale in high position heel elevator mode
    IMG_1000-1 by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr

and in low position heel elevator mode
    IMG_1001 by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr

Skiboards RULE in the backcountry ... set up your own touring set up and go get some !!!!

Leave a comment:

• koneco
    replied
    Amazing place you got there. Here, we've got rain, wind, and in a few days, mid-50 degree weather.

Leave a comment:

• Full Tilt Booter, Stock Zero Binding - A Backcountry Review and Trip Report

There has been some confusion about my comments about the touring binding application that has been developed for non release skiboard bindings. Some folks are getting the impression that I think the binding is lacking or prone to pre release or needs further development. On the contrary .. yes I am a perfectionist and I want this binding to do everything ... but no I do not think skiboarders need to wait for the development of the perfect touring binding .. you can go out right now and have a magnificent time at very low cost .. I have tried snowshoes.... they are ok , but the touring binding is better... I have tried the Fritschi binding and telemark bindings and they have had a long development time and work well.. but nothing , absolutely nothing beats the pure joy I have had this season on a pure and simple skiboard solution to backcountry touring . Skiboarding is all about simplicity and the touring binding is all that .. , Today I was on Full Tilt booters , and stock Zero skiboard binding rigged with a simple telemark cable binding and skins and having the time of my life .. Will I use Fritschis again? , no , will I use snowshoes ,no ? , will I use telemark bindings no.?. I am a skiboarder and I will use skiboard bindings rigged with simple touring cables and skins to access the goods. Proud of the simplicity , and proud of the versatility that my skiboards and skiboard bindings provide ..

But I am getting ahead of myself ... let's go get the goods ... a foot of fresh pow 2 days ago ... my buddy Billy and myself go get the goods today ... untracked snow and no people 2 days after a storm .. the ski areas are a zoo yesterday and today ... no way are we going there ... this is why we are here !

Billy breaking trail on his Hagan 130 's
    IMG_0980 by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr

On the trail , me with a view of Pyramid peak in the background .. Billy and I have climbed that mountain and descended it in the past .. maybe some other day ...today we have found paradise in the trees...
    IMG_0985-1 by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr

Silence , nobody else here , new pow , blue bird sky ... I am a very happy man ... not the least because I am here on skiboards ,on sweet Full tilt boots , my Condors, my standard skiboard bindings.. , skins and vapor light telemark cables , a total low weight rig , that serves all my needs ,better then anything I have every used in the backcountry ..

IMG_0987-1 by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr

Transitions are a piece of cake . snap off my telemark cables , reverse my skiboards so the heel piece which used to be the toe piece , is now the heel piece, lock in and strip off skins ...

IMG_0988-1 by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr

Locked and loaded and ready to shred some pow ... oh better put on my helmet ! ! the Revel8 stickers willl give me good luck !
    IMG_0991-1 by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr

Here is some vid of Billy and I having fun in the pow ... Magic day .. !
Working...
X