It was a good day . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was a good day . . .

I was really stoked today to see the love that Mountain Creek was giving to skiboarding. I showed up with a friend that snowboards, as usual, expecting not to see any skiboarders, or a few on some K2s and Salomons at best. To my surprise, I saw one older fella on some original, purple BWPs, a few guys on some Lines, one girl on a pair of Snowjams, and a few other randoms that were interested in tagging along.

Half way through the day I had a group of riders, varying throughout runs, of several skiboarders and snowboarders, all interested in furthering themselves into skiboarding. I got a lot of interest from both skiers and snowboarders throughout the day, bombarding me with questions. I must have handed out at least forty Revel8 business cards and a few dozen stickers.

I felt that today was such a huge success today for skiboarding on a mountain that has been dominated for years by snowboarding. I am proud to say that a lot of respect was earned for skiboarding on my home mountain, and at least half a dozen converts from snowboarding and skiing are on the way.

All in all, a great day. It definitely helped that I landed a bunch of misty flips, 540s, 720s, and a 360 over some girl who did not clear the top of the table in time. Lovin' this sport...
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

haha nice, especially the part about doing a 360 over a girl lmao. Yeah I also saw a few REAL ski boards on the mountain today Lines and another that I couldn't tell.

I don't understand why so many people buy snowblades, they are terrible.
    Revel8 Revolt "city" (lite riser release bindings)
    Revel8 Rumspringa "Mary Jane"
    "No guts No glory" my skiboarding motto
    Real Age: 20
    "I value my life more than a helmet" - nolhay

Comment

Gah, wish I could see you compete at the open.

Dave is gonna have is own crew.

Comment

Nice job, Dave. I'm glad you had a chance to represent the sport so well.
        RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Working...
        X