One of our own posted this on another forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of our own posted this on another forum

I'm getting tired of all the shit being slung around here. I ski, skiboard, and used to snowboard. I also teach skiing. There is nothing different from skiing and skiboarding, it's the same damn thing. Skiboards are just shorter skis, there is absolutely no reason for anyone to be bitching about something so trivial as length.

And people saying skiboarders look like douchebags? Do you guys look at each other when you ride? Your landings are so sloppy and yet you have the arrogance to try and afterbang? You kids are fucking spazzes, learn to ride and shut the fuck up. It's not about what you ride, it's about riding.
    If there is no difference, then why do we bother?

I have more to write on this, still working on putting it in words.
    Yes
    30.95%
    No
    69.05%

Ha, my man, the feud is useless. There is no way that these guys will ever stop being haters. Its the way of life.
    facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

I know the feud is never ending between skiboarders and ns'ers.

But I don't agree with the statement he made about skiing and skiboarding being the same.

Comment

I don't necessarily agree either. There is a lot of different technique used in skiboarding versus skiing. You hear all the time about beginners trying to "ski" their skiboards and having a hard time. I think that right there proves that you definitely need to ride skiboards differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
          I don't necessarily agree either. There is a lot of different technique used in skiboarding versus skiing. You hear all the time about beginners trying to "ski" their skiboards and having a hard time. I think that right there proves that you definitely need to ride skiboards differently.
          Good point Courtney.
          sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Voted yes!

without to much philosophy...
            AAAAAAAAAAALPs 09 !

Comment

Is he on crack? The only similarity is that you're facing the same direction and have one plank per foot. If you try to ski in a wide skiboard stance you're going to get crushed, and vice versa. Landings look a little sketchier sometimes because boards don't give us 3 feet of forgiveness on either side of our boots.

If it's not about what we ride, then why is he so fired up? I can deal with people disagreeing with me, but morons who contradict themselves constantly in their own arguments piss me off.
              2008 Revolt "Trees" with Blue Groove X1's
              2007 BWPs with Line FreeFlex

"It isn't for the moment you are struck that you need courage, but for the long up hill battle to faith, sanity and security." - Anne Lindbergh

Comment

I've never been on "regular" skis in my life. But, I see people on them all the time. There are differences. Differences that go well beyond length of chosen device. I mean, even when I see the "haters" on skiboards "hating" (like in some of the videos floating around) they can't help but smile. Those smiles speak so much louder than their words.

I have no interest in this type of person. There are those who are not welcome due to their current attitude. That is not a bad thing to say. You know, if someone is blind that is a difficulty. A big difficulty. But, I can work with it. Challenging? Sure. But, a way will be found. Compare that condition to a man who chooses to not see. I have no desire to be of value to this type. Why? It's a choice.

I've said it before - you can't "buy a life" when you're a skiboarder. You will be ridiculed by those who fear your statement of individuality. That number will be large as your statement is simply disconcerting to the great majority who fear their own hearts. They want you to fit into their mold. Behave as they see fit. Hold yourself up to their standards. We choose different.

Our numbers are growing. The mob is coming. Take pictures sweetie - you'll want to remember this time. Call it "before the mob". Skiboarding is just a few years away from a real rarity - a 2nd chance. It's going to get interesting boys and girls.. At least try not to screw it up.
                "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

I've never been on "regular" skis in my life. But, I see people on them all the time. There are differences. Differences that go well beyond length of chosen device.

Absolutely, Mahatma. I skied for close to 10 years before I got into skiboarding. Twin Tips are the closest, but regular apline skiing is a completely different monster. It's a similar theory but different sport. I would say it's like baseball vs cricket...there are many similarities but they are not the same.
                  2008 Revolt "Trees" with Blue Groove X1's
                  2007 BWPs with Line FreeFlex

"It isn't for the moment you are struck that you need courage, but for the long up hill battle to faith, sanity and security." - Anne Lindbergh

Comment

skiboarding is skiing in my opinion, its just a different form of skiing.

cross country skiing is another, water skiing is another.

think of bikes, road bikes, mountain bikes, BMXs, unicycles, its all bikes.

its all skiing.
                    Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

My father is a hardcore skier!!! Always has been. This last weekend at Mt. Shasta he wanted to try. so I set him up on some old Mike Nick Pro's. He went on about 3 runs with them, and enjoyed them. But i'm here to tell you he looked like a duck out of water! Not really knowing what to do... he was snowplowing and his legs were tired from trying to keep them in place. Needless to say, he jumped back on his twintips for the rest of the weekend.
                      I have nothing new to add to this argument. just what I witnessed this past weekend
                      '11 DLP
                      '10 Condor / Black Zero Pro
                      '10 KTP
                      Journey boards and bindings
                      '09 Tansho / FF-CAMS (GF's)
                      Line Five-O (GF's)
                      Groove AF1 / Groove cheapy's
                      and not to forget my beloved first boards... Crazy Blades!!!!
                      A big ass PA system, so lets throw a f*cking party!
                      www.f1rstclasscitizen.com

Full Tilt - First Chair

Comment

Originally posted by Davelynam View Post
                        Ha, my man, the feud is useless. There is no way that these guys will ever stop being haters. Its the way of life.
                        I agree with Dave. These "angry youth skier" types remind me of Johnny Ringo. Not our pal Johnny Ringo here on the forum, but the real Johnny Ringo in the all-time great movie "Tombstone".

In a critical scene, Doc Holliday and Wyatt Earp are discussing Johnny's rude behavior, and Wyatt asks Doc what causes a man like Ringo to behave as he does. Doc explains that Ringo has a giant hole inside of him that he needs to fill. But what, asks Wyatt, does he need to fill it with? "Revenge", Doc replies. Wyatt: "Revenge for what?" Doc: "Being born".

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
                        You will be ridiculed by those who fear your statement of individuality.
                        I'm not sure it's a profound "statement of individuality", but more of a decision that I find skiboarding more enjoyable. I've skied, and it's okay, but I have more fun on skiboards, it's that simple. If I liked skis better I would ride those.

A "statement of individuality" would be something like writing your name backwards on your forehead with a permanent marker so you could read your name in the mirror while brushing your teeth.

Comment

I'm going to be the oddball on this one and say that I agree that Ski'ing and Skiboarding are very similar. If you can ride a ski, you can ride a skiboard.. albeit, not well.. but you can still do it. The basics are all there as far as having two pieces of wood being stuck to your feet.. and wearing the same boots..and in some cases, the same bindings. Although Skiboarding gives you a better turning radius and more manuevarability, ski'ing has it's benefits as well.

I personally got skiboards because I wanted to be able to ski, but have the benefits of having short boards that I can throw in my car. To me, twin tips look like just long skiboards.. and skiboards look like short twin tips minus the poles.

This might be a horrible analogy, but.. if you are comparing a small sports car like an s2000, to a full size car like a crown vic, the list of differences are endless.. but at the end of the day, they are both cars, and you can drive both of them.

Comment

These people that talk s*** about skiboarding are pussies and when you get angry and curse them out, threaten them or challange them they will fold like a binder.

Speaking from experience
                            Revel8 Revolt "city" (lite riser release bindings)
                            Revel8 Rumspringa "Mary Jane"
                            "No guts No glory" my skiboarding motto
                            Real Age: 20
                            "I value my life more than a helmet" - nolhay

Comment

people
                              dont even waste your time and energy
                              there'll be always pp like them

let's just enjoy what we do
                              if they see us riding and enjoying so much, that would be the fastest way to convert them or to make them change their minds.
                              any words or arguing on website won't help in my opinion
                              =)

Let's skiboard!!!
                              everyone come to US open and let's have fun!
                              2011 Receptor Gold on 2010 KTP and DLP

Comment

Working...
                              X