Why Backcountry Skiboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Backcountry Skiboard?

I am very happy that I have a nice crew to go with me into the backcountry this Shredfest . We have a party of 6 or 7 guys headed into the backcountry on Thursday of Shredfest week .

I have often been asked why do I love Backcountry skiboarding and why not just hike from the top of lifts and explore ski area " side country " pow . For me backcountry skiboarding is not only about the down . The down is a nice treat but it is actually a small part of the day , the bigger part of the day is just being "Gone" , gone in the sense of checking out from the conventions of civilization , from the sounds and sights of crowds. , of finding silence , of finding quiet . It is finding true wilderness , it is about making your own way in the winter landscape .. not just following others. It is something very special . A Skiboard with skins and a touring binding , or carrying a skiboard while on snowshoes is the best way I have found to accessing this experience in winter. . For those of you who come with me into the backcountry on your skiboards , the important thing is not that we are dropping the most vertical we can into a day and burn ourselves out doing it . The most important thing is that we come face to face with "Wilderness " in winter .......

"What is "Wilderness"?
    Wilderness is the land that was - wild land beyond the frontier...land that shaped the growth of our nation and the character of its people.
    Wilderness is the land that is - rare, wild places where one can retreat from civilization, reconnect with the Earth, and find healing, meaning and significance. "

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Very poetic, Jack. I am ecstatic to be able to go on Shredfest Thursday!
    '07 Revel8 BWPs / Orange Line FF Pros
    '07 Revel8 Tanshos (GF's)
    '07 Spruce 120cm / Ally Risers / Tyrolia SL 75s
    Boots: Dalbello Krypton Rampages

Comment

Some day I hope to join you guys. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
        Some day I hope to join you guys. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.
        We would all love to see you Courtney..........
        Crossbow (go to dream board)
        Most everything else over time.
        Go Android

Comment

I love the fact you used a pic with me in it lol. Makes me feel that i did great on this trip. lol. This was a lot of fun guys. Everyone will love how beautiful it is. It doesn't come cheap tho there is a lot of work and i give it up to Jack and Bill they are crazy good and in shape lol.
          10 Revel8 Condors
          08 Revel8 BWP w/ 08 Bomber's
          Line Five-0's w/ Snowjam Extreme II's
          Line Jedi's on the Skibike
          Line FF composite

Comment

Originally posted by kx125rider1313 View Post
            I love the fact you used a pic with me in it lol. Makes me feel that i did great on this trip. lol. This was a lot of fun guys. Everyone will love how beautiful it is. It doesn't come cheap tho there is a lot of work and i give it up to Jack and Bill they are crazy good and in shape lol.
            Kxrider ... don't tell everyone how hard it is , I am trying to convince Valmorel how easy it is even for men of our age ..
            Valmorel , the tour I have planned for us is way , way easier then the tour I planned for Kxrider even though it is in the same general location ... I knew that Kxrider needed the extra exercise and so planned the super tough iron man tour for him .. ,, by Thursday of Shredfest both you and I will have barely enough energy to make it up to the bar stools at the bar at the end of the day or maybe even at the beginning of the day ... so I am planning a very , very easy tour , with lots of stopping and me commenting on the wonders of nature , the beauty of the scenery , and much historical and natural history detail so that the young guys with us do not think that we are laggards... unfortunately or perhaps luckily I doubt there will be the kind of scenery that distracted Mahatma on his recent adventure , but then Mahatma is of course a young man and is distracted by that sort of scenery while we are , of course, way beyond that !
            Boards :
            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
            Boots
            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
            Bindings:
            Zero Pro Non release Binding
            Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
            Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
            Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
              by Thursday of Shredfest both you and I will have barely enough energy to make it up to the bar stools at the bar at the end of the day
              Good job you organised the Reno party girls for Tuesday then
              Crossbow (go to dream board)
              Most everything else over time.
              Go Android

Comment

haha sorry jack. Yes jack is a great guy and all you have to say is i need to take a breather and he'll stop with you. No its not bad at all. I loved it! and wanna do it again soon with a tour set up.
                10 Revel8 Condors
                08 Revel8 BWP w/ 08 Bomber's
                Line Five-0's w/ Snowjam Extreme II's
                Line Jedi's on the Skibike
                Line FF composite

Comment

Working...
                X