No announcement yet.

I guess we are doing something right...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess we are doing something right...

http://newschoolers.com/web/forums/r...ead_id/520690/

Haha, just read that thread too. There was some positive feedback too. I was suprised.
    Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
    Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

Feb 9 2010
      5:33:10 A person on snowblades named Joey? Hmmmm...

AhHaha. That's a good comment.

Comment

why so much hatred from twintips?
        i just dont get it

just ride and have fun....

i guess it's too much to ask from twintipers
        2011 Receptor Gold on 2010 KTP and DLP

Comment

weird people.

but, that vid they posted up was pretty fun to watch.

It is just amazing at how uneducated and close minded they are. They are having a lot of trouble figuring out why we do it and why it could be so much fun. They also fail to understand how most people I know are brand new at Skiboarding, and never have been on skis or snowboards before. So, in the few years they have been on the snow they are pulling stuff the NS' have been working on for many years. Most skiers I know have been doing it for most of their lives.

anyway.
          ~harry

@HarrySiii
          -Skier turned snowboarder turned skiboarder
          -RVL8 2010 KTP, RVL8 Receptors
          -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro
          -Deeluxe 225 (FINALLY a boot I can wear!)

Comment

that kid hendrik is sick.....as much as i like seeing him rip blades he is even sicker on skis. check out his ski vids the way he tilts his skis while grinding is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by harrysiii View Post
              It is just amazing at how uneducated and close minded they are. They are having a lot of trouble figuring out why we do it and why it could be so much fun. They also fail to understand how most people I know are brand new at Skiboarding, and never have been on skis or snowboards before.
              You did a decent chunk to answer your own question there without realizing it. The NSers that dislike skiboarders are arrogant and make fun of anyone not as good as them because it makes themselves look better. The fact that so many people on skiboards are new tends to escalate the view that they are easy and therefore the preferred tool of the well known gaper. This view is heightened by the fact (at least around here) that a lot of ski areas will put beginners on them since you don't have to worry about crossing your tips as much and such. This leads to people who are obviously not used to the mountain and ettiquite, often dressed in jeans, novelty hats, etc. and generally just creating an image that is less than flattering.

Either way, I've found that if you ride well, you won't get too much trash talk, and the people that do are usually stuck up pricks, so it's easiest to just not worry about it.
              I do it because I can.
              I can because I want to.
              I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
              '08 KTPs

Comment

hehe +1 SkaFreak.
                ~harry

@HarrySiii
                -Skier turned snowboarder turned skiboarder
                -RVL8 2010 KTP, RVL8 Receptors
                -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro
                -Deeluxe 225 (FINALLY a boot I can wear!)

Comment

Not all NS'ers are bad

Comment

Not all of them are bad, some are really helpful when you need to find out about gear.
                    Revel8 ALPdors
                    Gold Revel8 Receptors
                    Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                    ____
                    Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                    If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Yup, there are quite a few of them that are pretty cool and don't care what you're riding.
                      I do it because I can.
                      I can because I want to.
                      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                      '08 KTPs

Comment

And it's a shame when those who don't care what you ride get harrassed by the others for saying that something different is ok.

It's kinda funny (at least for me) to see someone with the super-saggy ns style clothes on something close to skiboards. They're SnowBlades, but they looked pretty decent. It just looks odd to me.

One question that comes up for me is this; does difficulty matter? It seems like skiboards get dismissed because they're viewed as being easy. I then see many retorts that skiboards are harder to land jumps with and that you need more finese on rails to balance them. Does that really matter all that much? I agree that skiboards are easier to pick up on the skis. At least this has been my observation. That was the main draw for me when I first started getting into this activity. What's kept me coming back season after season is the fun factor. Why should I care if what I'm doing is hard if I'm having fun either way?
                        RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

I ski board all the time and have only had one snowboarder talk s*** to me. I told him to come off the safe distance of the lift and say it to my face and he shut up.
                          Revel8 Revolt "city" (lite riser release bindings)
                          Revel8 Rumspringa "Mary Jane"
                          "No guts No glory" my skiboarding motto
                          Real Age: 20
                          "I value my life more than a helmet" - nolhay

Comment

Working...
                          X