First injury of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First injury of the season

...Well, I think I may have messed up my knee this week. On wednesday I was working on some simple grabs and 180s and on one of my landings I caught my tip and tweaked my knee. I think I may have strained my LCL...I'll have it checked out when ski season is over.
    Revel8 ALPdors
    Gold Revel8 Receptors
    Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
    ____
    Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
    If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

GOM,

Don't be a bonehead. If you suspect what I'll call an "actual injury" you need to have it checked. Now, you know my left knee has been completely reconstructed twice. If your knee is injured beyond the point of natural healing then it will only get worse and your recovery will be longer, more painful, more expensive and less permanent. You are young and therefore feel bullet proof. Unfortunately, you ain't. Please see a doctor. No crap about expenses, not having time, not wanting to hear the bad news, etc. Once you know for sure, you can then make an informed decision. To do otherwise is less than intelligent. Not to mention that if you are pulled off the mountain you'll never work at that resort again and your boys at ski patrol are going to treat you like shit when they come for you.
    "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

He's right, dude. Not to sound all old man but I used to do the same thing until one time I went to our trainer for a shoulder injury I got playing college baseball and after looking at it he told me that it had clearly been injured multiple times before and my choices were to either rehab for months or have surgery. Ever since then I don't mess around with anything involving joints.
      2008 Revolt "Trees" with Blue Groove X1's
      2007 BWPs with Line FreeFlex

"It isn't for the moment you are struck that you need courage, but for the long up hill battle to faith, sanity and security." - Anne Lindbergh

Comment

GOM,

I will be an old man.....get it checked out now and make your decisions based on facts as mahatma and Jonny have said.
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Working...
        X