No Poles is BALLER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
    Oh, make no mistakes about it -"they" are coming and they will come in droves. 3 maybe 4 years. Not tomorrow but come they will. Let me tell you how it will happen - someone that people listen to will write "these aren't your grandaddy's skiblades...". That will be it. All the actual skiblades will become landfill, everybody and their grandmother will make what we now call skiboards, resorts will load up on this "good for everyone from experts to kids" thing and overnight these will become "the good old days" . People like Greco and Mr. Singer will be heralded as stalwart visionaries and their respective accountants will make more than they do now.

Greco will be quoted in interviews how he ate ramen out of old Cool Whip bowls for a decade and jjue will become a cottage industry teaching bunches of old California ski hipsters how to break that pernicious "pole addiction".

Lots of good things will happen.

I will be the guy clapping very loudly.

Try not to screw it up.
    That was very... James Earl Jonesy... I like it.
    08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

im sorry for starting this kind of drama...i was just stoked on No Poles style

Comment

nah I'm with ya Ty, I had to use them for a ski class and all I did was click them together.

even the ski instructors told us that they are basically usless for any moden skiing styles that they are teaching becasue of the parabolic skis.

I guess it gives you a good arm work out if you pushing around on the greens otherwise

no poles, no problems
        you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

Ty,

Hey, I didn't mean to come across like a drama queen. In rereading my post I can see where it could have come across that way but I was just throwing in. I think what you posted is prologue not drama.
          "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

So have we devolved into gorilla-stance knuckle-draggers? Or is this progress? lulz.
            (Where's Joey and his evolution thread when I need him? haha)

Comment

The gorilla stance is gorgeous - even if you are posing. Knuckle dragging is earned. If you force knuckle dragging, like barely dragging or if you over drag like knuckle drag over and over and over without adding anything else it starts to look tired. Now, if a knuckle drag turns into a forearm drag which turns into laying your arm out to make room for your hip - that's hot.
              "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Comment

I just envisioned Mrs. Mahatma throwing over a gorilla into hip drag. I need a minute alone. I'll be back.

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
                  I just envisioned Mrs. Mahatma throwing over a gorilla into hip drag. I need a minute alone. I'll be back.
                  You never cease to amaze me.
                  I do it because I can.
                  I can because I want to.
                  I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                  '08 KTPs

Comment

Originally posted by SkaFreak View Post
                    You never cease to amaze me.
                    He is quite something, isn't he?

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
                    Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
                    Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by EmptiMind View Post
                      Ugh.... I want snow. All this talk about having fun is bumming me out.
                      Only a summer to go.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Working...
                      X