No announcement yet.

Shredfest Backcountry Preview Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Jack, I'll have to start looking for snowshoes and poles over the summer months if I can.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by EmptiMind View Post
      I'll assume that poles for snowshoeing is the same as poles for hiking. Where, if you've never used them, you'll think, what's the big deal? Honestly, ever since I got a good pair of trekking poles, I'll never go out without them. It adds a little stability, but mostly provides comfort, and actually makes the hike easier.

What's Jeff's SBOL name? I always forget it.
      yes , i actually use three section collapsible black diamond trekking poles rather than the ski pole kind , and just replaced the small baskets with bigger baskets , i think the poles came with the bigger kind . i use them in the summer for hiking and in the winter for touring with skiboards, and just collapse them and put them on the pack for the descent

jeff singer is jsinger on sbol , but if you want to reach him by email , the best is just to use his contact direct email on the Spruce mountain web site .
      Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Zero Pro Non release Binding
      Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
      Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
      Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

I'm sold.

Sign me up.
        Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
        Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
        Full Tilt Boots
        Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

Hey jjue,

I've never been on snowshoes before. Does it require a special kind of snowshoes to be able to use ski boots with them? What do people normally wear, regular snow boots?
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
            Hey jjue,

I've never been on snow shoes before. Does it require a special kind of snow shoes to be able to use ski boots with them? What do people normally wear, regular snow boots?
            Snowshoes are going to be new to me also , as I have always used skiboards mounted with touring bindings and using skins.
            Apparently certain snow shoes work with skiboots and others do not ... I just pulled the plug and bought one that is supposed to work with skiboots. .. I have an Alpine Touring Ski boot and also a Salomon Verse Skiboot like you have ... I think the Salmon verse you have will work fine in the Snowshoe I bought .. I am going to give it a try and report back ... should have my first trip Saturday am if Snowshoe arrives as advertised.

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...ead.php?t=8000
            Boards :
            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
            Boots
            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
            Bindings:
            Zero Pro Non release Binding
            Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
            Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
            Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Working...
            X