No announcement yet.

08/09 Season Retrospective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our season was a little weak compared to others, but only because work issues kept us from travelling much. No question, Shredfest was the highlight. Even though we were only able to stay long enough to say hello, it confirmed our suspicion that you all are a hoot to hang/ride with and this is something we'd like to do more of in seasons to come. We did miss our usual Colorado trips, and hated that, but what do you do?

We were able to hit our local resort more often this season. From time to time we hear other locals pooh-pooing it but they couldn't be more off-base. Sure, it's not Colorado but what it lacks in size and snow conditions it more than makes up in convenience and friendly, family-oriented atmosphere.

Gear-wise, we consolidated somewhat and that worked out well. Sensible people will stick with one ride and master it before jumping haphazard to the next thing. I am the opposite of that but at least I recognize and accept my shortcomings. At this stage the 120 really is my overall favorite and I was fair about sticking with it. Carolyn split riding time this season between her new Mary Janes and a pair of Hagans fitted with inserts for Spruce Risers. She has suffered for a long time with foot pain and had surgery recently for the second year in a row. Hopefully, her issues here are now resolved and we are looking forward to more fun and less misery for her next season.

We are finding that skiboarding is definitely a group effort for us. If I want to haul off and do something by myself, I'll go hunting or fishing every time. I imagine Carolyn would head for the beach, or maybe a big city where people pack in like cordwood. Together, though, skiboarding is absolutely our favorite thing to do.

Bill

Comment

Man, all the positive comments abour ShredFest really make me wish I'd made it out for at least a couple days. Hopefully it'll work out next season, and I can finally meet all the western peoples.
      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

My best season yet, but still not entirely satisfying. I wanted to make it to more meet ups but without a job that is rather difficult.

Looking forward to this next season, I may have a job on campus and may be able to buy a season pass at my local resort but odds are against it. My parents decided that I don't need a car while living on campus and even the fact that I am willing to pay for my own insurance and gas while driving it won't sway their decision. This may work itself out but I really can't imagine a winter without riding when I will be only 20 minutes from my resort...update you guys when whatever happens happens.
        Revel8 ALPdors
        Gold Revel8 Receptors
        Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
        ____
        Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
        If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Nooo, I was not going to admit that my season was done. But I guess it is. Tomorrow is the last day for most of my resorts, and a woman wants to hang out with me.

DAAAAHHHHHH!!!

I think I'll skip her.

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
          Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
          Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by EmptiMind View Post
            Nooo, I was not going to admit that my season was done. But I guess it is. Tomorrow is the last day for most of my resorts, and a woman wants to hang out with me.

DAAAAHHHHHH!!!

I think I'll skip her.
            Nice to see some perspective man...........
            Crossbow (go to dream board)
            Most everything else over time.
            Go Android

Comment

Mine just got extended for another weekend we got dump on a lot and the snow on the mountains might last for 2 more weeks but i could say that its been a great skiboarding season and i had a blast along with my son and daugthers. although,lately my son could not go with me as much due to work schedules, ive been doing some solo riding. my younger daugther is enjoying the time learning to skiboard and thats a plus for me, although work too prevents her to ride with me as much either my oldest daugther is a snowboarder and its great when she is here with us on her breaks(college student in Tennessee). riding the spruce 120 and the sherpa has been an awesome feeling. yes,i did switch to the sherpas cuz of more stability and pow powerglide due to my obsession with glade runs plus i could hand drag carves with those things agressively without fear, the edge hold is great! as yesterday,i'd seen a K2 powder ski that was as fat as my sherpas,except the waist is also fat,definitely a powder ski. he ask me how i like them puppies(sherpas), i guess compared to his skis(180-190 cm), his is like the full grown dog but all in all,its been great, and can't wait till next season, i've really enjoyed skiboarding so much i've gone up the mountains almost every weekend and feeling like a kid again my wife said that i'm going thru mid-life crisis, if that what it is,then i'm surely not changing it. i'll do this till my body says "no mas!" till then... well i hope everyone had a great 08/09 season, and hopefully i could join the shredfest 2010 to finally meet some of the skiboard family later skiboarders....
              08' Spruce Sherpa 130/Pro-lite (STILL THE ONE)
              08/09 Dalbello Krypton Rampage

Comment

Working...
              X