Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time out on Skiboards - But not the last !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time out on Skiboards - But not the last !!!

Finally got to give my MNPs a try on an indoor snope slope (here in the UK) today.

Being a reasonably proficient skier I was a bit unsure what I'd make of them, particularly since I only got them as a handy way of being able to ski slowly with my daughter as the normal skis I use can get a bit cumbersome at times, however, I think I might be using them a bit more !! I still love the buzz of ripping down slopes with a big pair of carving skis on so I think I'll be mixing them with some skiboarding when we go away again.

First thing I noticed was how much more ski-like they are than the Salomon snow blades I tried a few years ago, in that they have a lot more flex and grip.

Second thing I noticed was that they're not very forgiving of poor weight distribution !! Leaning forwards or backwards is, errr, interesting if you're not careful !!

Anyway, having got the first run out of the way I decided to see what they were like when you go a bit quicker. Well, the only word I can think of is FUN, with a capital F !! I'd had them edged and waxed before today so they were great even on the icy patches, but the thing I was surprised at was how quick and how smooth to turn they were. On a big piste with some nice snow they'll be an absolute hoot !!!

Now, bearing in mind I'm no longer young and stupid (well, no longer young....) I even found myself looking for some bumps to try and jump over, they were that confidence inspiring !

Will see where they take me anyway, but I have to say they left a big grin on my face which I guess is what it's all about !
    Last edited by Greco; 03-16-2009, 08:51 AM.

Hey , Nick , thanks for your report on your first day out on the MNP ..
    yup .. skiboards are great fun , ,welcome to a new world of enjoyment...
    the skiboards sold here at SBOL are the new generation of skiboards that ramp UP the fun meter even higher then the older skiboards like the MNP ..

You may just find, like I did , that once you get deeper into skiboarding , that your long skis will be used less and less .... or maybe not at all !
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Welcome Nick!!!! Always good to hear family's out on the slope, even if indoor! Most of us coming from normal long ski's end up never going back to them and end up with several pairs of skiboards! If ya really do take the plunge, come back to SBOL and pick up a set or two!
      Enjoy!
      C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Working...
      X