Din Setting Calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Din Setting Calculator

For those of us using release bindings .. here is a program to calculate proper Din settings ... these are for skis and many folks , Jeff Singer included , feel that we can get away with signficantly lower Din settings on our skiboards..

I have had some pre releases on the lower Din setting and use this online calculator as a general guide for Spruce Pro Primes with Salomon bindings .. I use 3+ as a my skier ability level because I really crank the skiboards over a lot .. and ride them hard on firm snow ( which is where I have had the pre releases. ) For my weight and height and age , and sole length puts me at 8.5 which is where I have Din set now .

http://www.dinsetting.com/
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Thanks, Jack!

I notice that this calculator is producing results a little more aggressive for me than the chart that came with my 2008 Pro Lites (Rossi's). I haven't had any pre-releases one DIN setting lower than this program is suggesting, and that's with my heel setting 1 DIN lower than my toe. Perhaps I am not the most aggressive carver, but I've gotten my boards over pretty hard.

This is all anecdotal. I'm just suggesting that your mileage may vary. Of course for anyone who has any doubts about what they are doing in setting up their bindings, have a professional set them up for you.
    Revel8 ALP (Alpdors) w/ Spruce Pro Lite
    Revel8 Revolt (Chickens)
    Spruce 120
    Groove AF1 (90)

Comment

Yeah I understand that Jeff recommends lower Din settings and also recommends lower for the heel then the toe , Great that the lower din settings work for you , the lower the better , as long as you stay in for your style of riding .. My buddy , Wendell skis hard and fast and never has much pre release problems at 5 toe /4.5 heel I think ... I have prereleased at 6 front and back a couple of times both on longboards and on shortboards , so I dialed my din way up to 8.5 and have had no pre releases ... I wonder , though , if they are too high and may try brining them back down to maybe 7 or 7.5 and see if I stay in ... I just don't like coming out at high speed on firm snow unexpectedly ( usually when I hit a bump or something ) , which when it happended , kind of banged me up a bit :-)!
      Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Zero Pro Non release Binding
      Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
      Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
      Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Here's a nice thread that I posted a while back with a nifty little program that does the math for you.

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...ing+calculator
        Revel8 ALPdors
        Gold Revel8 Receptors
        Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
        ____
        Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
        If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

[QUOTE=jjue;82374]Yeah I understand that Jeff recommends lower Din settings and also recommends lower for the heel then the toe , Great that the lower din settings work for you , the lower the better , as long as you stay in for your style of riding .. My buddy , Wendell skis hard and fast and never has much pre release problems at 5 toe /4.5 heel I think ... I have QUOTE]

This calculator has me set at 6. I am running a tad over 5 like Jack says with the heel at 4. Although I still carve hard, I'm not laying over carves anymore like I used to do with the bombers. I really think I will explode out of this setting if I go over that hard. It's not worth it to me. I rather go for the safety factor. The little voice always tells me to be careful so I can ski tomorrow. Din settings are a compromise. At settings where you can ski the hardest, it may not be safe when you are going slow. A safe slow speed din may be disasterous on a hard carve.

Wendell
          Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
          Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
          Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
          History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

That is a very fair comment Wendell. DIN settings are a compromise. I really like the feel generated by the very firm 'hold down' at the heel from high DIN settings, and so I have mine around 8, maybe a tad more. Will let you all know if I break myself!
            Crossbow (go to dream board)
            Most everything else over time.
            Go Android

Comment

Hmm, says 9.5 for me. If I ever get a release setup, I'd probably have it at that 9.5 or even 10. Only reason I think I might want release is for the ease of getting in and out.

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
              Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
              Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

Says six for me. Not in a million.......... :-)
                Crossbow (go to dream board)
                Most everything else over time.
                Go Android

Comment

Working...
                X