Sherpa binding ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherpa binding ?

So my wife and I are saving up for a big trip to Colorado next winter. I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting her the 120 deal right now. I currently have a pair of 08 KTPs but don't know if they'll hold up in the powder out there. I've been reading all the Sherpa love posts and am getting the itch to get a pair for myself. I shouldn't have to worry at all then for Colorado. My problem is that the Sherpa setup for me is so expensive. I know the quality is unmatched and I won't regret spending the money but still. The fact that the binding and riser setup is just $20 less than the boards is killin' me. Is there any cheaper setup that would work for me? Keep in mind I hover right around 230lbs that's why I'm referencing the Pro Prime Risers & Release Bindings setup.

Could I go with the Spruce 2009 Pro Sport Risers & Release Bindings setup or the Spruce 2009 Pro Lite Risers & Release Bindings setup and still be ok? I know with my boots and all my gear I'll be over the 230lb mark. Should I just lose 10lbs and call it good? (should probably do that anyways I know) Just wondering how specific the weight ratings are?
    08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Sounds like questions for Jeff at Spruce.

jsinger@spruceski.mv.com
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
      Sounds like questions for Jeff at Spruce.

jsinger@spruceski.mv.com
      Thanks, I was just going to check to see if anyone had his email address. I figured that would be the best route after not seeing any action on this.
      08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

Definitely shoot Jeff @ Spruce an email. He is an awesome guy and super helpful. He takes customer service to a whole other level. He actually let me test out a pair of Sherpas (hope he doesn't get mad that I'm saying that) because I was on the fence at the beginning of this year. I don't think I was more than halfway down my first run when I knew they were worth every penny. I'm sure the 120s would do you fine, especially with a powder plate or setback stance, but trust me....spring for the Sherpas, you'll be so happy you did. Honestly, they're the best purchase I've ever made....period. Plus you're a bigger dude...I'm only 180lbs...you might need that extra float...no offense.
        1996 89cm Line MNP, FF Aluminum
        2008 101cm Revel8 KTP, Bombers
        2008 130cm Spruce Sherpa, Salomon Z10Ti on Pro Prime Riser
        2010 110cm Revel8 Condors on pre-order
        2009 Lange Concept 85 boots
        2010 Full Tilt Konflict boots
        2009/10 Custom SkiBike (DONE)

"Turning is totally counter-productive; all it does is slow you down" - Old Chinese Skier from Warren Miller's 'Dynasty'

Comment

Look at it this way, at least you don't also need new boots. When I buy my sherpa, I need to buy some new boots as well. Using Alpine Snowboard boots now... MEH! The whole sherpa setup will end up costing me like $800!!!

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
          Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
          Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X