Good park goes bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good park goes bad

Today I took jumping lessons. Lots of good.  Was c onsistently hitting 6 meters under awesome instruc tion.  I got cocky and tried to go huge and it cos t me my left hamstring on the landing.  Probably o ut 3 weeks.  Will update - at internet cafe right  now.  Anyway - keep weight dead center, keep back  proactively straight and put hands out like making  a cross.  DO NOT lean forward and do not stick yo ur hands in front of you gorilla style.  Bad.  In  my case  I lifted off the kicker with too much oom ph, caught massive air and landed just beyond the  exit ramp.  Hurt like hell as my leg gave out and  ski sheared off.  Life will go on
    "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Sorry to hear that mahatma. I hope you at least had fun until you got hurt. Heal up well, don't want to try to push yourself and cause more issues. Vibes.
    I do it because I can.
    I can because I want to.
    I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
    '08 KTPs

Comment

Yeah that sucks mahatma. Landing flat on big air hurts like hell.

Heal up soon. You'll be on your feet, and ready to try some bigger jumps in no time. Hah.

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
      Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
      Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

nows a good time to point out, always closely inspect a jumps take off prior to departure. (not as you're going off it, mind you.)

alot of times theres a dazzling divot or trench which will buck you off balance

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Excellent advice Mark. I used to assume the terrain park crew knew what they were doing, but I ended up tumbling off the top of a 15 footer. It only took me two more times doing that before I realized that looking before leaping was a good idea.

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
          Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
          Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

(shrug)

But from what I gather, landing flat sucks.
            Hope you heal soon.

Comment

I have the same problem Elk. And I'm also in chrome, maybe that's the problem.
              Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
              Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

Mahatmas post is in really big oddly spaced letters for me. Still readable. But strange looking. Im in Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by nate View Post
                  I have the same problem Elk. And I'm also in chrome, maybe that's the problem.
                  I use chrome all the time, never seen that, weird....
                  08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

yeah sometimes going 2 big can be disastrous
                    you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

It looks like he used a narrow arial font with lots of spaces...it is kind of hurting my eyes...but sorry Mahatma, I hope you heal up soon.

edit - I am on firefox
                      Revel8 ALPdors
                      Gold Revel8 Receptors
                      Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                      ____
                      Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                      If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

I'm on firefox and have the same screen as elkcloner. If you copy and paste to word it comes out though

Comment

Get well soon mahatma. Worst I've done is bruise my hip and pull a muscle in my leg a little.

This is really gonna cut into your other hobbies too. *quotes old mahatma post*
                          "Chasing kids around the house
                          Chasing wife around the house
                          Catching wife
                          Chasing more kids around the house"

Have fun and get healed up.
                          Revolt City '08
                          SnowJam Extreme II NR Bindings
                          Spruce 2009 Release Bindings/Risers
                          & whatever I can convince Skafreak to let me borrow...

(besides the sherpa's those things are like his babies)

Comment

heal well and fast mahatma, one more month(i think) of skiboarding left kidding aside, just heal well and take care k'
                            08' Spruce Sherpa 130/Pro-lite (STILL THE ONE)
                            08/09 Dalbello Krypton Rampage

Comment

Looks like a weird font on my firefox and even in Google reader..

Rest, Ice and gradual exercise will return you to normal...hope you still get some spring skiing in at least...

Comment

Working...
                              X