sherpas are getting noticed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sherpas are getting noticed

the sherpas is getting some heads turned from folks that works at our ski resort here close to my hometown. one of the instructors came up and ask me how i like to ride them,and i said its great! he said" we were talking about it over at alpine high ski store and we were wondering where you got them from." i told them about SBOL and one of the guys already has the business card i handed to him the other weekend. they really like the board and he bets that it floats really well on deep powder. i said it does and its as maneuverable as a snowboard. comments like that sure makes any skiboarders day great hats off to Jeff and Greco, keeping skiboarding alive.
    08' Spruce Sherpa 130/Pro-lite (STILL THE ONE)
    08/09 Dalbello Krypton Rampage

T21,

I hear ya'. I get dead out stares from lifties when I'm on the Sherpa's and people are surprised enough to stop and comment when they see me coming out of pow that's mid-shin or higher. Also, and I've not gotten this comment on my other boards but when I'm carving hard on the Sherpa's I've been told I shoot up a rooster tail that could blot out the sun. I always tell them that Spruce makes them and can be purchased at SBOL. A few times I've managed to scribble down SBOL on the scratch pad I always carry.

I'm out on a 2 day trip to 47/Goryu (Hakuba range) tomorrow and Wednesday and am hoping to set a new personal record for slapping up R8 stickers and the new SBOL sticker. I don't do anything crazy with the stickers. I just slap them up wherever I see others. I wish there was a Sherpa sticker.
    "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

yeah you would be suprised the questions I got outta the other students in my "ski" class (yea I know I'm taking a ski class but hey I needed another gym credit anyway right??)
      you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

I want a pair of sherps, after seeing the pics in sempai's post...
        http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...ead.php?t=7723

Comment

I was up at Jay last weekend riding my Sherpas in......no lie.....knee, to at some points, chest deep pow and just tore up the mountain....it was amazing! I definitely got a few "good luck with those today" comments from ppl down at the base, but there were a lot of heads turning when I was blasting through powder like I was riding 190cm powder skis. Of course I did have a cam on my helmet, so that could've drawn some attention too!
          Attached Files
          1996 89cm Line MNP, FF Aluminum
          2008 101cm Revel8 KTP, Bombers
          2008 130cm Spruce Sherpa, Salomon Z10Ti on Pro Prime Riser
          2010 110cm Revel8 Condors on pre-order
          2009 Lange Concept 85 boots
          2010 Full Tilt Konflict boots
          2009/10 Custom SkiBike (DONE)

"Turning is totally counter-productive; all it does is slow you down" - Old Chinese Skier from Warren Miller's 'Dynasty'

Comment

I'm so envious right now Phyfe, I'd love some knee deep pow.

Boards: Revel8 Revolt "Trees" / Revel8 2008 KTPs / Line Jedi
            Bindings: Bombers / FF Pros
            Boots: Raichle 125s

Facebook

Comment

shoot id be happy with some mid-boot deep
              Line Weapons with FF aluminum bindings ...

Originally posted by SkaFreak
              I hate it when I sarcasm all over the place like that.

Comment

Originally posted by EmptiMind View Post
                I'm so envious right now Phyfe, I'd love some knee deep pow.
                I second that. I almost ordered two sets of 120s last night, one for me one for my wife. Then I started remembering all the love posts for the sherpas. I don't know if I'll regret not getting the sherpas. They are soo much more expensive right now though...
                08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

I remember that view.

Did you go off the faces, and where is the video from the helmet cam??
                  you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

I was thinking about the 120 deal, but I'm getting the Sherpas if I'm getting a longboard.

Facebook

Comment

Swallowevil - I've never ridden the 120's but I can definitely say that the Sherpas are worth their price and then some. I own KTPs and Line MNPs, but they hardly see any use since I got my Sherpas....I love those things. And in powder....they can't be touched.

Kirk - Didn't do the Faces that day, those pics and the video (coming soon, needs editing) was shot going across the ridge and down the Pumphouse run
                      1996 89cm Line MNP, FF Aluminum
                      2008 101cm Revel8 KTP, Bombers
                      2008 130cm Spruce Sherpa, Salomon Z10Ti on Pro Prime Riser
                      2010 110cm Revel8 Condors on pre-order
                      2009 Lange Concept 85 boots
                      2010 Full Tilt Konflict boots
                      2009/10 Custom SkiBike (DONE)

"Turning is totally counter-productive; all it does is slow you down" - Old Chinese Skier from Warren Miller's 'Dynasty'

Comment

I think that the 120 deal is a great idea because even if you want the sherpa you will still need releasable bindings and if you dont allready have the bindings you would have to buy them.
                        Line Weapons with FF aluminum bindings ...

Originally posted by SkaFreak
                        I hate it when I sarcasm all over the place like that.

Comment

That's true shaggy, but I'd want the Pro Lites or the Pro Sports. If I could get those, it'd be worth it, and I'd have another board.

Facebook

Comment

Where's the video?!?!
                            Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
                            Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

Working...
                            X