Spring conditions in So Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring conditions in So Cal

I really want to go SBing next week, but here in So Cal the weather will be in the low 30s to 50s up in the local mountains. I have gone SBing a few times in this weather and never really liked the slushiness and piles of snow.

Do you like to ride in these conditions?
    May be I should find some quality to like about it!!!

I feel my day of SBing are numbered. Winter doesn't last long around here and I don't think I can make it up to Mammoth.

Should I learn to love it????
    ALP with Spruce Riser and Rossi 100
    Wife on Chickens

Originally posted by allroy71 View Post
    I really want to go SBing next week, but here in So Cal the weather will be in the low 30s to 50s up in the local mountains. I have gone SBing a few times in this weather and never really liked the slushiness and piles of snow.

Do you like to ride in these conditions?
    May be I should find some quality to like about it!!!

I feel my day of SBing are numbered. Winter doesn't last long around here and I don't think I can make it up to Mammoth.

Should I learn to love it????
    allroy,

Sometimes you can have a great time in the slush. There are some areas where the slush sucks you backwards and you almost fall on your face when you hit it. You will get stuck hard on the traverses by the suction on the tails of your boards. This stuff is usually on the groomers. The snow is fine grained and can really be hard to handle even with good wax. On these days though you can also often find wet snow cone or mash potatoe like snow in the trees and ungroomed areas. This stuff can be as much fun as skiing powder. You want to look for eastern sun exposed areas for this kind on snow. You'll mostly find these conditions between 11am and 3pm before every thing freezes again. You will need to be skiing boards that have some float to really enjoy this kind of snow. I find the Spruce 120 or may Hagan is great for this.

Wendell
    Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
    Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
    Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
    History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

mmm....corn snow
      I do it because I can.
      I can because I want to.
      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
      '08 KTPs

Comment

Working...
      X