Can I use candle wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use candle wax?

Am off to Austria next week & my boards are in desperate need of a good waxing.........question is , is it worth doing it on the cheap & using candle wax? I know its being a bit cheap but i,m going to struggle to get hold of any ski wax in the time left before I go so was hoping this may be a viable alternative !!!

What do you all think ?

Here's a quote from an older post where this was discussed.

Originally posted by zenderfall View Post
    I can't recommend Walmart candles as good substitute ski wax. I've used that stuff in the past, with various colors, and various types and yes, it's cheap, for $2.99 you get an extremely hefty large size candle ready to dump onto your prized skiboards.

But the problem is, that wax seems to be a little on the sticky side. even with 97% of it scraped off (the 3% is the part remaining in the grooves) the boards run slightly slower than meant-for-skis wax.

Can't explain it, dunno why, but that's my experience with candlewax and ski shop wax.
    08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

the short answer is no. go out and buy some wax dude.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

earwax works in a pinch also...
        Dave | Elevendy

Comment

Toe jam anyone?
          "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
            Toe jam anyone?
            oh billies

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

candle wax is not exactly what your looking for but if you wanna put something on the base you can get some canning wax ( just paraffin wax ) and use that.

Don't expect any performance improvements but its better than nothing
              you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

Working...
              X