Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal

So I'm lookin at gettin another pair of skiboards and was lookin at the sherpas with release deal thing... are the sherpas worth it?!? I already have a few pairs of 105s and under but was lookin at goin a little longer to get a mix of my twins and skiboards... so are the sherpas sweet or wat?!?

o and which bindings are the pro 75 and 100s?!? are those the old ones cause i didnt like my old releasables...

Comment

Well, the deal (Free risers with boards) is just on the Green Spruce 120s, not the sherpas.
      So to get the Sherpas you'd have to buy both boards and risers.

As far as bindings, you can get the 120's with free risers and the difference between the 70 and 100s is the DIN settings.
      read this:
      http://www.skiboardsonline.com/html/spruce_chooser.htm
      Chickens with Spruce Pro Lite
      Line Jedis with Snowjams

Comment

Originally posted by PNPRO View Post
        So I'm lookin at gettin another pair of skiboards and was lookin at the sherpas with release deal thing... are the sherpas worth it?!? I already have a few pairs of 105s and under but was lookin at goin a little longer to get a mix of my twins and skiboards... so are the sherpas sweet or wat?!?
        What is your height and weight? If less than 5' 10" it is not recommended. Most Sherpa riders seem to be greater than 180 pounds.

Also check this out if you have not already: http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...ead.php?t=7115
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Ya i meant spruces... sorry im an idiot... ha

Comment

nevermind... I dont think the bindings are what I want...
            Last edited by PNPRO; 02-09-2009, 01:28 PM. Reason: im an idiot

Comment

the bindings are good quality bindings and comparable to other general recreational ski bindings.. if you ride aggressively and are over 180 lbs you should spend the extra 30 dollars and get the din 10 binding.
              Boards :
              Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
              Boots
              K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
              Bindings:
              Zero Pro Non release Binding
              Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
              Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
              Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
              Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

ya but reading the discriptions kinda scared me.. I am 5'10 170 but am a pretty strong guy.. but I ride park A LOT and it said they werent recommended for park... Otherwise I would be buying those in a second... I have an older pair of releasables that just didnt do the job for me n they felt a bit "loose" so thats when I made the switch to non release... I'm just lookin at gettin a pair of longer skiboards to compliment my twins and my skiboards and since I just got knee surgery I figured itd be a good buy... but I really need something that can take a beating..

Comment

Originally posted by PNPRO View Post
                  ya but reading the discriptions kinda scared me.. I am 5'10 170 but am a pretty strong guy.. but I ride park A LOT and it said they werent recommended for park... Otherwise I would be buying those in a second... I have an older pair of releasables that just didnt do the job for me n they felt a bit "loose" so thats when I made the switch to non release... I'm just lookin at gettin a pair of longer skiboards to compliment my twins and my skiboards and since I just got knee surgery I figured itd be a good buy... but I really need something that can take a beating..
                  I actually think you will be fine with the din 10 tyrolia ..
                  but what I would recommend is to email jeff singer at Spruce
                  contact@spruceski.com

he knows all the bindings that he sells in and out , and he has park riders like Mark banging up the bindings in the park all the time ... i think he will be very honest with you as to whether the tyrolis package is much different than the other pricier binding/riser set ups he sells and as to whether it would work for you as a park set up ...

jeff , by the way , is one of the most honest and upfront online sports retailer guys I know .. he absolutely would not sell you something he thought was not right for you !
                  Boards :
                  Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                  Boots
                  K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                  Bindings:
                  Zero Pro Non release Binding
                  Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                  Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                  Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                  Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Alright thanks a lot for the advice man...

Comment

Working...
                    X