No announcement yet.

Great Carving Instructional Vid Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This got me so excited I'm heading up the mountians in an hour gonna ski tonight and tommrow! I'll let you all know how this drill goes for me!!
    ’07 Spruce Blue 120
    ’09 ALP 110
    ’09 Revolt “Condor” 105
    ’09 Rumspringa Rockets 103
    ’09 Spruce Pro Prime Bindings (x2)

Comment

Matties,

Do not forget to hydrate BEFORE you go! It makes a huge difference for me. A few light stretches (squat, stand on one leg, etc.) before putting on the boots also helps.

Challenge yourself to be the fastest most controlled individual on the Green today. The same on the Blue tomorrow.

Have fun.
      sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Great , great vid...........especially the dude in the backgraound..........watch the background from 1min 36 sec......classic , laughed my nits off

Comment

Originally posted by CAN View Post
          Cindy was worried about keeping up with the Sherpa bunch on her MJ's . I'll be letting her know the other ladies will fit right in with her. She also is excited to see another female on skiboards.

Chad
          Chad & Slow:

Carolyn was also fretting about keeping up with the Sherpa Gang. She's also excited about meeting and riding with the other ladies.

This is shaping up to be a good time. We're both fired up about it and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Chad, have you had a chance to ride the Sherpas?

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by El Slurpo View Post
            Chad & Slow:

Carolyn was also fretting about keeping up with the Sherpa Gang. She's also excited about meeting and riding with the other ladies.

This is shaping up to be a good time. We're both fired up about it and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Chad, have you had a chance to ride the Sherpas?

Bill
            Maria had a big sigh of relief when she heard that there were going to be other ladies. She is really looking forward to riding with them.
            sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

This drill helped me a lot. I did it last night in icy crud during night skiing, so not great conditions. I was making curves the first time I tried it. I’m still struggling with linking them together, as some times I will make such a good curve I’ll start to go up hill and stop. Until my boots started hurting I was able to make quick sharp carves, left then right for a bit, this was a great feeling, but I think I need to widen out the carves and use more of the hill I was staying in a 5 foot wide path turning back and forth right down the middle of the hill.

I’ve also increased my speed some using this, if I make wider turns. The only issue I run into here is on uneven terrain, most of the hill, I start bobbing up and down when I’m going faster, like bouncing up/down as I go over different humps in the hill. Would getting into a lower stance help this? (I’ve sort of changed my stance from almost upright to maybe half gorilla now, going lower though just does not “feel” right yet, maybe with more practice).
              ’07 Spruce Blue 120
              ’09 ALP 110
              ’09 Revolt “Condor” 105
              ’09 Rumspringa Rockets 103
              ’09 Spruce Pro Prime Bindings (x2)

Comment

Mahtma, the only time that I really use soft edging is on moguls, and even then it isn't so much intentional as just the way it happens. In crud, I am more than happy to stay up on edge and find I can have more precise turns that way. On moguls I pop over the top, and start turning sideways. Sometimes I end up just landing and continuing in the direction of my tips, sometimes I land on the side of a mogul and soft edge down just as a result of landing 90 degress to the slope. It truly just depends on the riders style, what boards they are on, and what they are comfortable with. I used to not really carve in crud, but I have since pushed myself a little harder and have found ways to make it effective.
                I do it because I can.
                I can because I want to.
                I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                '08 KTPs

Comment

speaking of moguls, i've been practicing on them,and sometimes i get it right by just pointing my upper body straight down and just zigzag but.. some of the moguls here got some serious deep troughs and i would fall into them cuz there are no other way,and thats where i loose my balance and control. its a pretty tiring run and it drives me nuts so i just turn and go to glade runs instead
                  08' Spruce Sherpa 130/Pro-lite (STILL THE ONE)
                  08/09 Dalbello Krypton Rampage

Comment

Working...
                  X