"Nice Blades" comment yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Nice Blades" comment yesterday...

We were leaving the slopes when some tool walks by and gives me a cheesy grin, two thumbs up, and says "Nice Blades". I never hesitate to correct somebody, so I say "Boards, Skiboards". The guys says, "Boards?" and walks over to get a better view and then says, "Wow, those things are wide. What's the base width?" I told him that I thought they were about 110. He says "That's wider than the tip of my skis", and then he proceeded to ask more questions. He said that he thought they were just like the cheap skiblades they the mountain rents and was surprised because he had never seen anything like them.

I never see skiboards at this place. (Winterplace, WV) We go there when we want a quick day trip. Several people did comment on the size of them and asked questions. One of the guys on the crew did make a comment that it was like having snowboards on each foot they were so wide. When people ask, I just try to let them know how much more fun they are and direct them to the site.

Consider a few more people on the slopes educated today.
    Revel8 Revolt Condors - Spruce Pro Primes
    Line Mike Nick Pro's - Spruce Pro Primes (wife)

Had a few of the same comments ("so wide", "like snowboards on each feet") yesterday. I was amazed at the number of people out snowblading yesterday though, saw probably 5 people with them strapped to their feet.
    2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

Hahaha Ive been told that my condors are "Like waterskis"
      XsXeX
      Riding Condors
      This bird couldnt fly if it was drunk

Comment

I got asked how I got ski bindings on snowboards by some middle school kid.
        Revel8 ALPdors
        Gold Revel8 Receptors
        Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
        ____
        Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
        If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

At my local resort here I was riding the lift with a dude (stranger) who referred to my Spruce 120s as snow skates. I told him skiboards, but he didn't pay any attention. I thought it was funny that he called them skates being that they were wider than his long sticks.
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by Godofmedia View Post
            I got asked how I got ski bindings on snowboards by some middle school kid.

thas funny right thurr i dont care who you are

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
              At my local resort here I was riding the lift with a dude (stranger) who referred to my Spruce 120s as snow skates. I told him skiboards, but he didn't pay any attention. I thought it was funny that he called them skates being that they were wider than his long sticks.
              Huh

funny

Comment

Working...
              X