Bought my Sherpa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought my Sherpa

yep! i finally broke down and purchase my Sherpa. I really hope that this would be THE BOARD for me. two weeks ago,me and my son rode on some glades and powder and he was on SJ90 and me on spruce. we had a great time, he manage to get out from some deep stuff(after sinking a few times) and so do I except i face planted when i tried to turn while my board was under and i was going between trees. when we got down the base lift. me and son switch boards and went back on the same trail. now i know i'm heavy (190+) and going back up the same trail with the 90's on was risky but i want to see my son(140 lbs) handle the 120 on the same stuff. He had a GREAT time with it. He like the way the 120 felt although he said its a little bit longer than 90 but he'll get the hang of it the more he rides it. So,that is why i finally bought the sherpa. i like to go thru deep powder and BC someday with my son and i hope as much as the sherpa gang has said about its capability that i would never have to buy a fat powder skis. I watch a lot of BC riding on vids and tv and hoping someday i could do that with a skiboard. time will tell
    08' Spruce Sherpa 130/Pro-lite (STILL THE ONE)
    08/09 Dalbello Krypton Rampage

t21,

Please post a review. I am very interested in how they work out for you.
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Congrats T21 ! and I am also interested in your review like Slow ...
      one of the things that really has struck me is the variety of impressions different riders get of different boards .. the range of opinions on the KTP this season is very interesting to me , and I love that board ... The Sherpa , of course, is my favorite skiboard by far and I really want to know how different folks take to it . Probably , the most important piece of advice I can give to anyone moving up to the Sherpa , is give it time , and spend some time on the board to learn it's ins and outs .. .it is an extremely powerful board and does take some time on the board to get it right .. unless you are someone like Skafreak or Mahatma who get it right the first time !
      Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Zero Pro Non release Binding
      Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
      Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
      Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Congrats T21.....My sherpas are suppose to be here on friday.

Comment

thanks guys, i will post a review as soon as i can. btw, i hope mine gets here friday too. i paid for 3 day express so i hope. today i went by myself skiing and tackled 2 double blacks, one was more of a glade and the other steeper main mogul trail. the glade was really fun and there was some untracked powder trail i went thru.my 120 did good except went it got too deep, i mean knee to thigh deep. i face planted a few times because of them and also the tree gaps are not as wide. i actually had to squeeze thru some of them but it was awesome thoughonce you get going and cutting thru them like skafreaks vid. anyways, once i get my sherpa and get some few runs and get the feel of the beast, i will go back to those untracked powder and see what it can do. oh, the other trail, well.... it kicked my ass, it was a lot of moguls, the troughs were deep and i tried to stay away from them but they are all over my legs were burnt!! but you know what, i had a heck of a time and i'll do it again

Comment

Hey t21, I am super glad to hear how your son liked the 120! I'm about his weight and eager to try my 120 but am used to sub 100cm as well!

The two of on your Spruce's are gonna have fun in powder now for sure!

Gonna get down to the Tahoe Shredfest?
            C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

hi pinkkid, thanks, but i would not be able to join in with all of you at shredfest,(wish i could though) but i do not have any vacation time yet from work cuz i'm new there. just retired from military and starting on a new job. but someday we will be able too. well, it looks like it will be such a great time over there,meeting all other skiboarders,having the pro's ride with you and learn some new tricks and such, man! i wish me and my son could go goodluck and have a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by t21 View Post
                thru.my 120 did good except went it got too deep, i mean knee to thigh deep. i face planted a few times because of them and also the tree gaps are not as wide. my legs were burnt!! but you know what, i had a heck of a time and i'll do it again

T21,

A Spruce powder plate on the 120 will really do the job to stop the face plants and thigh burn. The second setback of 5cm that it allows is great in really deep powder. Although Jeff is not advertising them, he may have some left. Call him if you are interested. You may not need to ever use the plate on the Sherpa depending on your style of riding. I also use the plate even on the Sherpa in our sierra cement. Congrats on buying a great board.

Wendell
                Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
                Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
                Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
                History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
                  T21,

A Spruce powder plate on the 120 will really do the job to stop the face plants and thigh burn. The second setback of 5cm that it allows is great in really deep powder. Although Jeff is not advertising them, he may have some left. Call him if you are interested. You may not need to ever use the plate on the Sherpa depending on your style of riding. I also use the plate even on the Sherpa in our sierra cement. Congrats on buying a great board.

Wendell
                  I talked to Jeff a coulpe of weeks ago about the powder plates. He is redesigning them. He send me one of the new sets to test. Hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend or next to try them. You may check with him about another pair.

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
                    T21,

Wendell
                    thanks wjeong, i do have the powder plate but never used it(forgot i had them) although i later saw my plates in my dresser drawer, i though about it and i do not want an additional height (probably not much) but the setback is what decided me not to do it. besides my son will have a great time with the 120 and me on my sherpa on deep powder. and the thigh burn issue was basically me needing to drink more water,eating bananas and those damn moguls!!

Comment

T21,

You've made a great decision. Jjue is correct that while you will instantly understand the value and power of the Sherpa you'll want to ride them for a few days before cementing what you think of them. There is absolutely, positively, unequivocally no need for a powder plate on these bad boys. As a matter of fact there is no need to lean back on the Sherpa in powder. You'll see. She has her own ways and initially you might find yourself grunting a bit. Do yourself a favor, start on whatever slope you want but point the Sherpa down slope and build some speed before setting that first carve. Just do it for me. You do that and you'll never go back. Your family will be checking your jacket for illicit contraband the smile will be so impossible to remove. You won't believe what is under foot. You won't believe how something with so much power can also carve so tightly. When you go into powder just act like it isn't there. Really. Again, start somewhere with good pow but nothing that will hurt you and just trust me. Here is where other than your family members will be checking your pockets.
                      "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

will do,will do mahatma,cannot wait just to point and shoot down and caaaaaaaaaaaarve.......... then hit some powwwwwwww. man, i need to stop drooling about this LOL!

Comment

Working...
                        X