Brand new Revel8 BWPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new Revel8 BWPs

I just picked up my new Revel8 BWPs from the post office today and I must say, they look good. I want to give a big thanks to everyone here on the forum. Without all of your advice I would never have known what skiboard to buy, or indeed, if I should buy any. An especially big thanks to Slow who has given me lots of advice, both on this forum, and on the hills. Also, big thanks to G. Without him I definitely wouldn't be able to have acquired these and I'm hoping, bring my performance to a higher level. Thanks everyone, I'm a Skiboardsonline fan for life!!
    In a previous life I was a giraffe rapper, but my performance name was "G-rAff!"

It's true, Slow is the man.... even though he is probably a blue bomber fan
    Revel8 Cities, Line FF Pro Bindings (orange)
    MNP's, Line FF Pro Bindings (blue)
    Line Weapons
    09 Line Anthems, Look px12 jib wb bindings
    06 Line Chronics, Salomon STH12 bindings
    sigpic
    "Leaving naysayers stumped like rainforests" - Sage Francis

Comment

Hi Rich,

Not a problem. Glad you like the BWPs. Do not forget to chamfer the top edge of the top sheet with a fine tooth file before you go out riding.

Also, post a review or two, first impressions and as you master them.

Maybe I will see you out at Frostfire again.

Gorno, only when the bombers are winning!
      sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Good for you.

I love my BWP's to death.
        I'm definitely never getting rid of them.
        Make sure you watch the japanese carving video, once you learn how to carve, life has a whole new meaning.

Comment

hi everyone this is my first post on the forum.

slow
          sorry if this has already been explained but i couldn't find it on here but how do i
          chamfer the top edge(or if you theres a link to how to do it)? i just ordered the BWPs. These will be my first pair and i want em to last.

thanks

Comment

Just get a sheet of fine grade sand paper and go over the the edge where the topsheet meets the sidewall slightly so that the topsheet no longer has a sharp 90 degree angle at the top. It doesn't take a whole lot of sanding, so no need to sand the topsheet down to the sidewall or anything. Just a light rub will do.
            I do it because I can.
            I can because I want to.
            I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
            '08 KTPs

Comment

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
              Good for you.

I love my BWP's to death.
              I'm definitely never getting rid of them.
              Make sure you watch the japanese carving video, once you learn how to carve, life has a whole new meaning.
              Ditto!!

Have fun on the slopes Rich with those sweet riding BWP's! Let us know how things go too!
              Slow, you are the man!
              C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy View Post
                hi everyone this is my first post on the forum.

slow
                sorry if this has already been explained but i couldn't find it on here but how do i
                chamfer the top edge(or if you theres a link to how to do it)? i just ordered the BWPs. These will be my first pair and i want em to last.

thanks
                Welcome to the forum.

I just posted a new thread with a couple of pictures that should help.
                http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...7316#post77316
                sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by SkaFreak View Post
                  Just get a sheet of fine grade sand paper and go over the the edge where the topsheet meets the sidewall slightly so that the topsheet no longer has a sharp 90 degree angle at the top. It doesn't take a whole lot of sanding, so no need to sand the topsheet down to the sidewall or anything. Just a light rub will do.
                  I sure wish I would have known about this little tidbit when I bought my boards a few months ago. They were super scarred up after only a few outings. But I will try it on my new board.
                  Revel8 Cities, Line FF Pro Bindings (orange)
                  MNP's, Line FF Pro Bindings (blue)
                  Line Weapons
                  09 Line Anthems, Look px12 jib wb bindings
                  06 Line Chronics, Salomon STH12 bindings
                  sigpic
                  "Leaving naysayers stumped like rainforests" - Sage Francis

Comment

Just a sidenote to everyone, this will not completely solve the problem, just help reduce the likelyhood that any given hit will chip it. Kinda like having avalanche gear in an avy. Doesn't mean you'll survive, but it helps.
                    I do it because I can.
                    I can because I want to.
                    I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                    '08 KTPs

Comment

Working...
                    X