Loosening Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loosening Up

Okay, so I have gotten a few comments about this. How can I loosen up when I ride? I want my tricks to look smoother and I want to stop flailing, if anyone has any tips go ahead and toss them up here.
    Here are the vids from which I was being told to loosen up:
    http://www.skiboardsonline.com/vbull...1848#post71848
    Revel8 ALPdors
    Gold Revel8 Receptors
    Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
    ____
    Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
    If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Well first I would suggest removing the rigid stick from your.... haha jj. I don't think there is any science to it. Your body language suggests you are uncomfortable with where/how you are riding, so perhaps you just need to do more all mountain ridings and get more comfortable with your boards.

Not sure if that helps, but just look at your posture and analyze it.
    Revel8 Cities, Line FF Pro Bindings (orange)
    MNP's, Line FF Pro Bindings (blue)
    Line Weapons
    09 Line Anthems, Look px12 jib wb bindings
    06 Line Chronics, Salomon STH12 bindings
    sigpic
    "Leaving naysayers stumped like rainforests" - Sage Francis

Comment

I know that my boots pull me way back seat when I ride. I got some cash for christmas so I will be watching ebay for some new free ride boots here soon. I think that may be part of the problem but I am not sure.

I perfectly comfortable riding, I just ride back seat, much like Mark has brought up in the past. Even the guys I was riding with yesterday said I looked like I was riding uncomfortably but I felt completely comfortable. I even bombed a steep run a few times.

In both of these pics I am the one with the narrow stance. I saw this wide stance guy a few runs and was wondering how he was even turning.
      Revel8 ALPdors
      Gold Revel8 Receptors
      Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
      ____
      If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Wow, your snow situation is looking rough. Try bending your knees more and just going with it. Putting one skiboard slightly in front of the other will probably make you feel a little more stable.

You need to feel comfortable and loose enough riding normal runs and it will eventually translate into park riding and you'll have a better style overall.

Also, getting more comfortable with a single park feature will help. Back when Jason Jordahl use to ride I taught him how to hit rails and when he would suck it up on one I'd tell him to hike it until he got it smooth. He actually listened and I was able to push him to go bigger. He ended up getting pretty solid.

Here's an old video of me and him riding.

Comment

Thanks Court, this is one of the reasons I need to make it to jay. I really need some help with style..
          Revel8 ALPdors
          Gold Revel8 Receptors
          Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
          ____

Comment

i hear the getting comfortable with boards part.
            once you become one with your boards, you dont even have to think about being relaxed, it just comes naturally.

riding all mountain and getting extremely comfortable with your current set up will give you the confidence to be relaxed and loose.

i was mad tense the first time i took the condors down, the width intimidated me.
            After a few runs i was into the feeling of them, and loosened up a lot.

It just takes time i think.

Il moros
            Flows
            Chronics

Comment

music helps me alot. some like smooth r&b or reggae. that is how i ride so smooth
              Sessions Flicker Pinups jacket/DC Denier-d pants
              2008 FT High Five
              Salomon Verse 550
              -2011 ktp's w/ black receptors(soon)
              -Line Weapons/FF pros (blk&red)
              -Groove patriot (2hole)/skyskater
              links: SFD Clothing & Outdoor Technology

Comment

I ride to Anorexia Nervosa, Finntroll, Turrisas, System of a down, tool...you get the picture, all metal. So you may be right...haha
                Revel8 ALPdors
                Gold Revel8 Receptors
                Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                ____

Comment

Being amped up and being too amped up are totally different things. This could be part of your problem. For example, drinking 4 energy drinks and going riding probably isn't going to result in very good riding - your music may have a result like this too. You need to be able to focus enough on what you're doing and relaxed enough to not be too uptight. Try keeping your shoulders relaxed and your knees somewhat bent. If your knees are too stiff you'll be bouncing around off every bump.

It's all about getting your flow together. Tricks and carves that flow nicely are key to good style and relaxed riding.

Comment

I'll try lowering the ampage down to just tool, a perfect circle, system of a down, and things like that. I think I will cut all of the really heavy stuff out.
                    Revel8 ALPdors
                    Gold Revel8 Receptors
                    Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                    ____

Comment

watch videos of ben wannamaker, get lower, keeps your arms down, hit jibs faster, your going way too slow on tha video i saw.
                      Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Will do. This is my first year on real skiboards and I am still getting used to them but I am definately comfortable on all the other terrain I have ridden.
                        Revel8 ALPdors
                        Gold Revel8 Receptors
                        Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                        ____

Comment

first thing get used to and be comfortable on your new boards . when i got my new boards this season the whole first day out i stayed out of the park to just get the feel of them. the other thing , no offence intended start out small if your mount. has a progression set-up try hitting the small boxs and work up your comfort level on your new set-up.
                          CHRIS

Comment

not for nothing but i know you listen to music while you ride heavy metal music will get you pumped but makes you tense as well...
                            Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comment

That's all that is set up right now...okay that was set up yesterday. Today they are closed and they may be for the rest of the week. I think I just need to get more used to my boards but they do feel much better than my short skis in the park.
                              Revel8 ALPdors
                              Gold Revel8 Receptors
                              Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X