Do you wear a Helmet..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you wear a Helmet..

I personally don't wear one. From what I see on the forum a lot of people do. My parents grew me up on not wearing a helmet... Bmx...skiing....fruit booting... I hit my head a lot of times... A few times where pretty freaking hard too.. I have a hard head I guess it doesn't bother me.... and no there is nothing wrong with me from hitting my head..haha The one time I did hurt myself a helmet wouldn't even of helped. When I was Bmxing I hit a jump death cased it and smacked my mouth on the handle bars.... thus me getting a fake tooth, and fractured face.... so.... I'll look at helmets again this year but probably wont get one.. Just goggles to protect my eyes....

oh yea I don't do flips.... But if I did.. I told myself I would get a helmet. OH and putting your hands out to protect your face works... or crashing and rolling does too...haha
    yes
    69.23%
    no
    20.77%
    only at park
    10.00%
    sigpic

I don't... yet. Said I'd get one when I start doing big airs or rails.

I know which one I'm going for so it might end up being a xmas present or something.

Comment

I usually do. I knew a guy who was crashed into by another skier and was knocked unconcious and had to go to hospital. Sometimes you just get bad luck, even if you're not doing anything dangerous yourself. I once got hit in the head by a poma lift - I'd got to the top let go of it and the lift stopped and it swung back in my face as I went down the off slope. I think I might have got a concussion if I hadn't had a helmet. I've also been taken out by a snowboarder going too fast and out of control. I clocked myself using GPS at speeds of 30-50mph, so I like to be safe!

Helmets make good sticker space too
      Revel8 BWP - Spruce Pro Prime
      SnowJam 90 - Extreme II

Comment

Yes, pretty much always. I've gotten so used to having one on that I don't even really think about it.

Besides just protection, helmets are also very nice to have on really cold days since they provide some thermal protection.
        RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Even though I don't do park , I have started to wear a helmet , primarily because I like to go fast and I am worried that someone will run into me and knock me into a tree , or other rider , etc .etc.
          Boards :
          Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
          Boots
          K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
          Bindings:
          Zero Pro Non release Binding
          Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
          Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
          Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
          Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

i wear one. just get a nice one that you like the look of. i wear the bern baker. don't even notice it's there.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              i wear one. just get a nice one that you like the look of. i wear the bern baker. don't even notice it's there.
              I have the bern baker as well, hard hat not helmet but still offers protection for your bean.

Comment

Nope don't have one. I'm like Jack, don't go into the park, but unlike him my hills aren't steep enough to get lots of speed so I haven't found a use for one yet. Plus there is very little for a tree scene here, so that's another reason I don't have one.
                Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

I spend way to much time around trees not too. A side effect though is it makes me go faster. I end up thinking 'Well I have this helmet if I slam into a tree'. So it actually makes things funner!

(Yes I know it's not a word)
                  Red Square Sherpas

Comment

If you're not very good, you need a helmet. If you're going big, you need a helmet. If you're hitting the park, you need a helmet. If you're going fast, you need a helmet. If you're hitting the woods, you need a helmet. If some clueless jerk might run into you, you need a helmet...

Other than that, I guess you don't need one.
                    Revel8 ALP (Alpdors) w/ Spruce Pro Lite
                    Revel8 Revolt (Chickens)
                    Spruce 120
                    Groove AF1 (90)

Comment

I've never worn a helmet but I've been thinking about getting one sometime before Jay (if I can find one I like that fits well).

Comment

Originally posted by adeehr View Post
                        Nope don't have one. I'm like Jack, don't go into the park, but unlike him my hills aren't steep enough to get lots of speed so I haven't found a use for one yet. Plus there is very little for a tree scene here, so that's another reason I don't have one.
                        Get one for Jay trip.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablodenieve View Post
                          Get one for Jay trip.
                          That's a good idea, now to find one I can get my fat head in!
                          Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Well then to all of you I must be lucky. I haven't worn a helmet since I was 5 years old for skiing. With no skiing indecent.
                            sigpic

Comment

Never ride without one.
                              Revel8 ALPdors
                              Gold Revel8 Receptors
                              Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                              ____
                              Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                              If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Working...
                              X